Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Oh happy day - CSI133 - Teresa Collins

Hi friends.  I am writting this post from a cold and windy Somerset West.  We arrived here late yesterday.  It is an absolute delight for me to spend time with my sister.  We have done a lot of chatting today and went to a Cuban restaurant on the way to Stellenbosch  for some hot and spicy Cuban food. I will post some photos soon.

As I  mentioned before, I am special deputy over at Color Story Inspiration for the month of August.  I am a tad addicted to their challenges.  I love that it gives me the opportunity to search my stash for the perfect colour papers and the perfect embellishments...at the same time I am challenged to record my memories.  Here is my layout based on the latest case file:

Supply list: Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Teresa Collins (Daily Stories); Flowers: Petaloo; Banner: Basic Grey; Bits of honey chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Brads: My Minds Eye; Felt tree: Pebbles; Die cuts, butterfly: Teresa Collins;  Title: Silhouette Cameo; Other:  Crafters Workshop stencil, texture paste coloured with orange acrylic paint, DMC cotton.

 The case file:

This is how I solved this case file:

Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence:  Polka dots; ribbons, flowers, paint, banner, tree, tie something (ribbon among the banner pieces).

Testimony:  I used the inspiration words:  Oh..happy day as my title.  The journaling is as follows:  "Every day spent with you is a happy day for me.  On this day we were drinking coffee at Kiddie Lovers while you were all playing.  You came to me all excited about a little worm that you have found while playing on the grass.  You wanted me to photograph you and the worm...but all I wanted to do was capture the excitement on your face.  I love you to the moon and back. xx"

I used this sketch by Ana Castro as inspiration:
Some close ups:
I covered the "bits of honey" chipboard by Blue Fern Studios with gesso and then painted it black.  

I coloured the texture paste to a soft orange.  The My Minds Eye brads have been in my stash for a long time.

I put a little photo of the worm into a frame that is also part of the Teresa Collins Daily Stories line.

The banner was left over from a Basic Grey kit...I sprayed it with orange Lindy's Stamp gang mist and then tied little pieces of ribbon in between the banner pieces.  The little tree is by Pebbles.

Finally I cut the title with the Silhouette and added the stitching to two of the corners of my page.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Please visit the CSI website and play along with us.

Chat again soon.

xx



22 comments:

  1. What a stunning page!! The colors are just perfect for the photo and I love the orange chicken wire in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout, Lynette! I love the repeated hexagon pattern and all of the patterned papers you layered in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know we can learn a lot by our kids, they delight in worms butterflys or something strange growing on a tree.. and this is an example of a childs wonder at the world we live in.. Her pretty face is beaming and your layout is bright colorful and full of her joy.. really lovely memory scrapped so beautifully.. great sketch too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avsolutely gorgeous Lynette. Ftom the cute bunting to your wonderful colour selections and of course not to speak about our little nature lover.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely - this page is !!! Charming girl in the photo (as has already grown)! I really like the flags with ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A joy filled page with the charming story of discovery. Love your take on the challenge and Congrats on your Special Deputy Spot :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're having a good time:) LOOOOVE this photo...she is a total cutie! And this page is smashing - brads! I've forgotten about them...must dig out my stash:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with your sister!

    I love everything about this page and especially that you managed to capture your grand daughter's excitement so perfectly!!! Definitely worth scrap lifting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the layout. I bought some texture paste because I love it on your layouts but I do not know how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always stunning layouts.

    I'm glad you're visiting with your sister and I hope she's doing well and her little one.

    I hope that the next time you head to Jo'burg we can get to meet - I'm sure Lynn and Ali would be up for meeting as well and I also must get to meet Rina!

    Hugs
    W

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, especially the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to be visiting with your sister. I had mine visiting from Norway for ten days and that was great. We have another sister in Denmark and went to see her and her family, too. That is one of the great things about Summer.....
    Love this sweet and summery page with that cute freckled fac and I can imagine that those little grand kids bring a lot of happiness,..every day! :-) Big Congrats on being Special Deputy at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute and fun page! Awesome that you are spending time with your sister! We need these special women in our lives! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative! Such a happy photo and scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynette! This is such a happy and fun layout! I love that smiling face, so much! Your page is so full of wonderful and creative details!!!! LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely scrap book page. Great take on the sketch x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Love how you captured your granddaughters excitement with the bright colors, texture, and embellishments! So special that you able to spend time with your sister.....chatting is good for the soul! I took a short vacation with one of my sisters' to visit another sister & family in Missouri in June. We had a wonderful time talking, relaxing, shopping & reminiscing. A much needed visit for all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful page! Love all the layers and super sweet photo :) What a cheerful page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant! I love the bright colours popping off the white!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥