Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happy Birthday - CREATE - My Minds Eye

Hi Scrappy Friends,  Today I am sharing a two page layout that was published in the August edition of the Scrapbook Generation CREATE magazine.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE.  I used some photo's taken on Leane's 6th birthday.


Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye; Fun chipboard and I Adore stickers:  My Minds Eye; Border punch:  Martha Stewart; Butterfly punches: Martha Stewart, Upikit; Pearls: Fabscraps; Other: DMC Cotton, Prima Stencil, Shimmerz Texturez.


I used a Silhouette Cameo card design for the title block adding some bling to the cupcake.  I also loved adding the pearls to the border punch below the row of photos.

I stencilled some butterflies with Shimmerz Texturez on the two top corners of the page and stitched two rows of hand stitching above the page.  Stitching always adds an additional layer to your page.
I adapted the sketch slightly.  Instead of using a 4x6 and three 3x4 photos I used a 5x7 and three 5x3.5 photos.  I therefore increased the length of the pennants with 1.5 inch and added in a few additional pennants.  

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Be sure to download your personal copy of the CREATE magazine for some awesome inspiration.

xx
Lynette

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and a wonderful double-page spread! Loving how these patterns look against the kraft! The cupcake element is perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page! I love the dressed-up cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These scrap book pages are Gorgeous. Love the layout and colours and the photos are brilliant x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those banners. What a stunning effect all across the pages and yet not distracting from the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous double pager, Lynette! I love the banners behind the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty pages Lynette! Love all the colorful banners, butterflies and sweet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I don't often do doubles, I still appreciate them, especially for multi photo layouts. Love the banners and butterflies :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great layout! I love the extra little touches that make it you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful.. I love the fish tail banners, I use them a lot lately.. love the bright colors in your papers and great photos to remember this special day..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the photos and loving the pennants and the butterflies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great! I like how combined kraft paperboard with these wonderful photos and pieces of colored paper! good idea for scraps) like interesting details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page special lady. Can't wait to scraplift it. I LOVE the Create magazine and especially seeing your pages in it ... I can now say that I know a scrapbooking celebrity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fabulous page! Beautifully balanced and it still shows off the photos. Congrats on the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cupcake theme! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photographs & stunning composition of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the design and the gorgeous photo's! Definitely a celebration of life, colour and and love! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥