Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cute - CSI 135

Hi friends.  I missed last week's Case file but I am playing along with Case file 135.  As mentioned in a previous post I am "special deputy" for the month of August over at Color Story Inspiration (CSI). I used photos of Leane and Lukas that was taken way back in December 2010.


 Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: Echo Park (Sweet Summertime); Stickers: Echo Park; Felt owl and snail:  Basic Grey; Splash, heart and "too cute for words" sticker:  My Minds Eye; Viewfinder, butterfly card and title: Silhouette Cameo; Other: Gelatos.

Here is the Case File:


This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:  All colours used.

Evidence: Polka dots, gingham, slug, sun, bird(owl).

Testimony:  I used the title "Cute" and I journaled about something that makes me soooo happy ;-)
"When I think of you...the song "you make me happy when skies are grey comes to mind."  Any day becomes AN AWESOME day the moment you become part of it.  I will always remember the excitement and delight I always feel when I have "a date" with you.  The excitement always build with each one of you that I pick up from your different schools...and then we are off to explore and enjoy our time together.  In this photo the two of you discovered that you could get up on the little fountain next to the lapa and then peek over the wall at what the neighbours were up to.  Never forget how much I love you. xx

I am also entering this for the Stuck?! sketch challenge.  I used this cute sketch by Laura Whitaker.

Some close ups:
 The pink splash and little chipboard heart is some left over My Minds Eye(Fine and Dandy)

 The little felt owl and snail is by Basic Grey and has been living in my stash for the longest time.

I cut the viewfinder and the butterfly card with the Silhouette Cameo.  Nifty little machine that comes in very handy to get that perfect detail on your page.  You will also see that I made circles on my background with Gelatos that I just rubbed into the paper to echo the background of the Case file image.

Thank you for the visit and thank you for leaving ♥

xx
Lynette ♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Just so colourful and fun Lynette. Love all the colourful touches. The two little ones look like they have a plan up their sleeves lol.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Lynette! I like the details, especially the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red34\green34\blue34;\red255\green255\blue255;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

    \f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Beautiful!!! That snail & owl! They soooo deserved a place!!! And yup, Sillys are awesome machines...& that song.....one of our 'car' songs as a kid!!! Love how you've used the sketch, too...all round LOVELY-ness here:):))}

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Had a bit of trouble commenting...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors and the felt critters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colour work and I love your use of the black outline around the elements. And I have to agree with your title... two very cute little munchkins. Hope you are well? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page again Lynette! I certainly need to get my hubby to cut me some stuff on his silhouette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe they were that tiny!!!!!love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely, fun layout! of course, I love those moments captured too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you worked so closely with the sketch, Lynette! The bits behind your photo look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Love the fabulous elements and the cuties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute! Love the happy colors, cute photos and little creatures too! Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very cheerful layout. You do great job adding the little extra touches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is sonority and such adorable accents! So lad you played along at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colors & the fun felt elements! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such adorable photos & a lovely page Lynette!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Supercute! This page just screams of childhood, with the Viewmaster reel, the fuzzy animals, and the sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute photo's and the perfect papers and accent to showcase them! Love the design and your soft, sunny, circled background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a happy layout. Love your background! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic page, Lynnete, and adorable photos! love those felt embellies, so cute :).
    Great take on the case file, and I love love love the circles on the background.
    Awesome!
    Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! and for being our special deputy at CSI. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥