Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Solitude

Hi friends. I have really been absent around here...truth is that life is busy, busy, busy.  I need to get our financials at the Mission ready for auditing...it feels as if they only finished the previous audit yesterday :-(   

As mentioned in a previous post I am "special deputy" for the month of August over at Color Story Inspiration (CSI). I used a photo my darling man took of me doing what I love to do.  The photo is two years old and was taken while we were on holiday in Plettenberg Bay.


 Supplies used:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned paper: Pink Paislee; Lace paper: Basic Grey; Birdcage: Blue Fern Studios; Butterflies: K&Co; Brads: MME; Flowers: Prima; Dragonfly: Pink Paislee; Other: Quickutz doily die; texture paste, acrylic paint.

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence: text print, floral pattern, suspended something (dragonfly); butterflies, lace (paper), wet medium.

Testimony:  I used the title "Solitude" and a quote by Harold Bloom - "Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you."  On the back my journaling is as follows:  "I found very early in my life that reading can be an escape and that it transported you to another world.  I grew up in less than idyllic circumstances and was one of six children.  There was a lot of noise and a lot of stress...when things became too hectic and stressful, I would simply open a book and escape.  I was in primary school when I started volunteering at our local library.  It was the way that I ensured that I was the first one to lay my hands on all the new books. Today I still find that it is the best way to simply switch off and block out the noise."

Some close ups:
 I used a Crafters Workshop (Tiny circles) stencil and mixed the texture paste with blue and pink acrylic paint. 

 A little cluster of die cut doily, brads flowers, butterflies etc.  Something suspended (the dragonfly) I painted the Blue Fern Studio birdcage with gold acrylic paint.

This is the last piece of this lovely lacy Basic Grey paper.

Thank you for visiting and leaving love...I will be around soon.

xx

26 comments:

  1. Very sweet and very pretty - love that awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the lace paper & always love your texture and gorgeous elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    Hope everything is in order for the audit and it goes well

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the pic! I think I should set up the camera on a timer and take some reading photos of me tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming page Lynette !!! Love the colors, and paper lace. I also love to read books in a classic paper.
    (Graphic45 I has used only the second time, I liked this collection and work with it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeerrk! HATE anything to do with figures. Good luck with setting it all out & getting it to balance, blah blah blah.....you'll need a good read once you've finished!!! LOOOVE this photo - it looks so natural & I LOOOVE that you really 'switched it up' & did that AMAZING MM work on the background:):) Looks totally delish:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fully, fully gorgeous page!! Kudos to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo gorgeous! I love love love that photo of you, the colors and the butterflies!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Lynette! I always love when you use this mask on your layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful layout and you have such an eye for matching the colours in your design with the photos. You have come a long and positive way following your childhood years. You are truly blessed.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of craftiness on the side.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really must get my hands on the mask you used in this glorious layout Lynette. Your use of different colours with it is awesome and you are a girl after my own heart - I carry a book around with me just in case I get five minutes to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. utterly brilliant oozing with majestic energy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is certainly busy, the days are easily filled with activities and then when there is extra to do then something has to give, and for me it is scrapbooking and blogging... Lovely serene layout, love the lace paper you have done like an envelope on your layout, peaceful photo too. Take care, hope your week ahead is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page Lynette.

    Hope the audit goes well.

    Reading sure is an escape that I love ... I am reading Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers at the moment ... even took it with to the ice rink last night to get in a bit of reading while the boys skated ~ I LOVE her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful page. I love that you have created a cool and calm setting for your photo. The stencilwork with different colours look so great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty Lynette! Beautiful photo as always! Your background is fantastic! Great mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photo and stunning layout. Love those lace type details - what are they? (non scrapbooker ?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous page!!! You"ll find me like that - with a book - every day of our holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well you look thoroughly engrossed in your reading. I like that you used such complicated papers for a page about solitude - it shows you are enjoying it intensely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty and elegant page with a gorgeous photo of you. I share your love of reading and like you, used it, in early childhood to escape the world around me. Love the MM and the triangle shape at the top of the page :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful page Lynette....love the design and love that mask you used, along with the dots! Soooo gorgeous! I can totally relate to books transporting you to wonderful and exciting places....that was exactly the same for me as a kid. I still today love books that get me so engrossed that I forget about everything else around me! A real treat, when I can find the time! ;-) Good luck with getting all the financials ready! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just lovely. Great words to go with the pic of you x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely layout! I love to read too...I'm sure it's treasured time as life gets so busy. It's nice to slow down and read every once in awhile. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful layout Lynette . That lace paper and your choice and use of of colours makes it so striking. I too love reading , it transports you to another world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥