Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mr Mischief - CSI 130 - Jillibean Soup

Hi friends,  I was fortunate to find time to play along with the latest CSI (Color Story Inspiration) challenge.  I used a photo of Stefan taken on a recent outing.

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft:  Patterned papers:  Jilllibean Soup (Watermelon Gazpacho); Metal bird and star: Teresa Collins; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Stickers: 7Gypsies;   Title cut with Silhouette Cameo; Other: Texture paste, grey paint, Prima stencil, DMC cotton.

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case:

The Scheme: All colours used.

Evidence: Stars, metal, circles, bird, paint.

Testimony: I used 4 important things: The little stickers read: Boy: 1. The wildest of all animals. 2. Noise with dirt on it. 3. Most precious to their mothers...and I added a 4th. Turbo charged.

Some close ups:
I love finding odd little things in my stash.  I have a stack of the old 7Gypsies Autocolants sticker sheets with definitions etc.  This little "Misions of Mischief" fit in perfectly with my subject.

These challenges are awesome to cut into old stash that has been sitting for years.  I can't even remember how old this Jillibean soup papers are.  I think they were part of a Personal Scrapper kit in 2011.

This Prima triangles stencil was perfect for this design and echoes the large focal triangle.  The "Mr Mischief" title was cut with the Silhouette Cameo using the Brush Script MT font.

I used this very neat sketch by Brenda Ragsdale.
Thank you for visiting.  Be sure to visit Color Story Inspiration for some awesome inspiration.

Lynette
xx

19 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS page!!! You are such an inspiration!!!! I need to come to you for some texture past lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the photo, the triangles and the stars!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynette I would so have had trouble with that colour scheme, I love brights but would not have been able to put them together as well as you! I love your title and all those great quotes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Page Lynette! love the color combination! Photo grandson wonderful, touching this! Elegant hand stitching!, and why I rarely use it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHO ME! never, lol. A wonderful design once again and so fun.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! Loving triangles right now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun layout and a great photo of Mr. Mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page, and it is fun to find the right old little odd or quirky piece that belongs on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you got some scrapping time! I love that sketch with the triangle on the background! And cheeky photo too! Lovely layout! Hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made the papers look fresh and on trend. Love the sketch and the photo of Mr Mischief.....what a cute little kidlet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette, what a fabulous boy page. I just adore your pattern with the die cuts and this oh so adorable photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great scrap book page. Love the layout & detail.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this fab layout, Lynette!! The colors are great and I love the triangles on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wow wow , this is just perfect, so much emotion oozing from the layers , love the pic x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love this! You've nailed the challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Where did you find the BBQ girl stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heeheehee, I used to call my son Mr. Mischief when he was about that age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is such a cutie....and even though you say mischief...that little angelic face tells a different story!!!!!!!! LOL.....
    I have a stash of those 7 Gypsie stickers too and really must try and use them too! Gorgeous design and love the papers you used! A perfect little boy page! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha...Mr Mischief indeed! He looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth - but we now know about his little tantrum in your other post...LOL. Gorgeous bright colours & I love that sketch...I played along with it a few months back :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥