Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Captured - CREATE Magazine - July Edition

Hi all, here are two pages that was published in the July edition of the CREATE magazine.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE.  The two pages that I am showing you today are based on the colour challenge.  This was the inspiration photo that we used:


For the first page I used my Silhouette Cameo extensively to create a modern layout:
Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers:  Jillibean Soup, Pink Paislee; Chipboard wildflowers:  Blue Fern Studios; Arrows: Freckled Fawn; Die cut background, "snap happy" card and title: Silhouette Cameo; Brad; Making Memories.

Using a background die cut in this manner allows you to use up a lot of the scraps you have in your stash.  I used the Brush Script MT font to create my title and cut it in two colours to layer.  I left the wildflowers chipboard raw because the layout is already so colourful.

I love this background die cut.  It always turns out looking wonderful.

The second page I made has a much more "old fashioned" feel to it.  The photo has been sitting on my desk for a few years and was taken at the little ones creche and has an "old fashioned" feel to it.  
Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: Websters (All About Me); Flowers: Bo Bunny and Websters; Brads: Bo Bunny; Cherries: K&Co; "Blessings" title: Blue Fern Studios.

I am also one of those scrappers that love the look of Websters papers but I find it incredibly hard to use the papers because they are so busy.  These papers went with the photo perfectly and I decided to cut it up and colour block the page.
I mounted the photo on blue and red cardstock.  I painted the Blue Fern Studio title with red paint and then covered it in Glossy Accents.  I am quite happy with how the page turned out.

Thank you for visiting and be sure to check out the Magazine for some stunning inspiration.

xx
Lynette

17 comments:

  1. Two totally different but equally fabulous layouts Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are really lovely, the colors and bold designs are eye catching and the photos are amazing! I hope your week has been going well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages. Each has it's own specific charm. <3
    Love my Cameo too, even if I use my Big Shot a lot at the moment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This super cool projects! and such a marvelous photo! die cutting really like, they add charm page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layouts, Lynette! I always love seeing what you make for Create!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynette, you scrap so beautifully...everything is so crisp and neat and gorgeous..LOVE it!! Also, just wanted to say a big thank you for the kind, warm words you left for me on my blog :) You have no idea how much it means to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Lynette! Both pages are absolutely beautiful and so different from each other. I love how you used the die cut in the first one. Yes, this is a wonderful way to used up scraps. That photo is adorable and your page is vibrant and fun! I love the second "old fashioned" one as well. It is simply beautiful. What a great photo and you scrapped it beautifully. I love your idea of cutting up the Webster's Pages paper and colour blocking your page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pages - how versatile a scrapper you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love how you made a sort of mosaic with the Websters papers. Usually I see people use those just as backgrounds, so I felt like your making a mosaic with them was a really fresh idea on how to use ornate a Websters Pages papers.

    Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhhhhh these are just gorgeous! I am LOVING those backgrounds you created!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous colors too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fun, bright layout, and you got the cutest grand babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous! Love your take on the challenge, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just stunningly creative once again, Lynette. Just adore the vibrant primary colours of the first and the old world feel of the second.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on both of these - they are both very dramatic & striking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both pages are adorable <3 I Love what you do with your Cameo...and that chevron overlay looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layouts Lynette....love the diecuts you have used! The photo's are so special too....you have beautiful grandchildren! Your grandson in the top one, certainly stands out...the red shirt and the red cheeks are stunning! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥