Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Beautiful Cape

Hi my dear friends.  On Saturday morning K and I will be driving down to Cape Town.  I really need a change of scenery and I cannot wait!  We will be staying with my sister in Somerset West.  I haven't seen her in more than a year and I really, really miss her.  The past year has been very hard on her.  Her youngest son was attacked by a pit bull in September last year and a lot of damage was done to his face.  A few months ago she went through a difficult divorce.  I worry about her.  She is an introvert like me.  Unlike me, she withdraws totally and I am really concerned about her.  I want to be "there" for her...but I don't want to feel as if I am impossing :-(

We will also spend a day with a group of churches, the ACVV and the Salvation Army.  They need input from K and I as they want to start a facility for the homeless, addicted and traumatized of Cape Town.  We are excited about the prospect of seeing our work duplicated.  We can also warn them about pit falls and they don't need to make the same mistakes we did in the beginning.

Anyhoo...I am sharing a page I made with photos that we took during our last visit to Cape Town in July last year.  The photos were taken at Bloubergstrand.

Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft;  Patterned papers;  7Gypsies (Venice); Flowers;  Prima; Tag: Basic Grey; Butterfly rub on: 7Gypsies; Brad:  Basic Grey; Alpha:  American Craft, Silhouette Cameo;  Mists:  Lindy's Stamp gang.

I used this case file's colour inspiration:

And this sketch by Laura Whitaker:

Some close ups:
 I misted the background with Lindy's Stamp gang mists in aqua, green and orange.

I cut "beautiful" with the Silhouette Cameo and teamed it with some old American craft alphas.

Thank you for visiting and leaving ♥

xx

20 comments:

  1. So beautiful with such endearing family photos.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the splatters and the flowers!! Sending prayers for your Sister.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colours of this spread!

    I remember your MAGNIFICENT sunsets from last year - they still impact me when I think of them!

    Enjoy your quality time with your sister and travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! love the colors you've used and your fab design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi daar vriendin

    I hope you have a good trip. Divorce is so hard and the trauma that your nephew suffered as well, so much to bear. Hope she's doing well and that you have a fantastic visit.

    Awesome that you guys can help - so great to share experience. I hope it takes off well and I'm sure it will be a great success - there is so much need out there.

    Love the pages - I think I might use it for a page for Tannas album.

    Hugs
    W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey special lady ... Hope your trip refreshes you. I LOVE your page ... all the details are phenomenal.

    I will keep your sister and her son in my prayers ~ I cannot imagine how difficult the year must have been for her.
    How lucky are those those churches/salvation army to get input from you and Mr K on the pitfalls to look out for ~ It is amazing that there will be more support for the vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty layout Lynette! Love the beautiful blossoms and photos! The splattered background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page Lynette! Successful trip, I hope you will be able to support her sister and things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel safe my friend and bring warm clothes along! Would be nice to see you if you have a gap. Let me know? No worries if you can't this time around - there's always next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page--I love the splashy mist and the stitching in the corners--it looks like you had a lovely time on your last trip to Capetown. I hope that this trip will also be good, both in terms of being there for your sister and in terms of getting some R and R. I hope that your meeting there goes well, too. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This layout is amazing Lynette!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Lynette! The colors look so pretty! Hope you have a great visit with your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geniet dit vriendin. Ek hoop jy kan die ondersteuning gee wat jy wil gee en sy nodig het. Baie liefde

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful page Lynette - I like the sketch you adapted and your trademark stitching. The inky splashes add interest and I love the older American craft alphas teamed up with your bold silhouette cut word to make a stunning title :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your background splatters & lovely photos too! Oh I could so do with a roadtrip myself. Enjoy CT! Hopefully it will be a bit warmer than it has been of late.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page - I love that flower/tag cluster. I hope you enjoy the time with your sister. I've been lucky to have both of mine visit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have enjoyed your visit with your sister...and also hope she is doing well.
    Your page is beautiful....loving those mist splashes on the background :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope your trip was all good & positive & you achieved a lot as well as spending time with your sis:):) LOOOVE this page...those black circles woke really nicely:):)))) actually, that sketch is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super design and love the earthy colours! The Cape certainly holds a special place in my heart too and I look at this page and my hearts aches a little bit!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥