Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Pray - CSI 125

I love playing along with the Color Story Inspiration case files.  This week's case file has a beautiful colour combination and it was fun to go through my old stash to find the perfect papers and embellishments for the page.  I used a photo that I took of Stefan while Oupa was saying grace.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Background paper: Prima Sew Cute specialty paper; patterned papers: Melissa Frances, Bo Bunny; Punches:  Martha Stewart; Chipboard weeds and title: Blue Fern Studios; Flowers: Prima; Lace and bling: Prima; Ampersand: Silhouette Cameo; Brads: My Minds Eye; Other: PanPastel in Turquoise tint.

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scene: All the colors were used.

Evidence: Flowers, clock, something sheer (ribbon), punched scalloped papers, ampersand, textured background paper.

Testimony: I went for 4 lines of poetry and because I used the title Pray I decided that I will write Proverbs 22:6 as a 4 line poem. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
On the back I wrote: "Stefan, you are such a cutie. In the mornings when we have our (not so) quiet time (because you are around) you worm yourself in between your Oupa and Ouma. When we prays you push your little hands into ours to hold while we pray. When Oupa says grace before our meals you are so cute that I sneaked a photo of you . It is so funny that your mouth is always open when your eyes are closed. This is so precious and something I never want to forget. xx Ouma


Some close ups:
 I cut the big ampersand with my Silhouette Cameo and it actually worked out perfectly to become part of the title.  I noticed that the light grey paper disappeared on the light background...so I applied a layer of PanPastel to the middle section of the paper.

I painted the dandelion chipboard and the "Pray" chipboard with white acrylic paint.  I then applied some glossy accents to the "Pray" title.

I remember that I went totally crazy when the Prima Sew Cute paper was released years ago.  I never used them and they just became part of my stash.  What a wonderful surprise when I found the one perfect piece of paper for this colour challenge.  See, that is why we need stash ;-)

xxx

22 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout Lynette! Love all the layers and stitching! Adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming photo of Stefan! Page make a terrific Линетт!, I love it! interesting paper with embroidery)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I think I've got those Prima papers in my stash as well! What an adorable photo! I truly adore your page ... the colors, the flowers, the stitching ... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in awe of your stitching Lynette, you should have kept quiet about it being pre-sewn!! Beautiful page as usual and the photo is just so precious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooooooo beautiful! I love love love love the colors, that photo and the stitching!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet photo to scrap, Lynette!! I really love how you used the colors from the case file!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Colours , lovely stitching and as always a great picture moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo could not be any more precious.. I love it.. and I would have opened my eyes to see it as well.. Love the stitched paper, and stash is good.. except if you have papers that look like they are from the 60's hippy era and really have gone out of date! hehe! but I just might use it one day right???!! Love the design too.. beautiful layout! love that verse as well..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little Grandies are so adorable Lynette. How wonderful that you captured this precious moment. Luuuurve the Prima stitched paper, that is one, I've never seen, but I can see how it needs to be in a gals stash. Love everything about this :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the colors, paper, stitching, and beautiful layering! Precious photo of Stefan....love the verse & title! Thanks for your inspiration this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOTALLY fabulous! loooooove the ampersand - it looks amazing & this colour palette is a FAVE...I 'did' this one up at Orange when I stayed there....just gotta get time to photograph it etc:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so beautiful Lynette. A precious photo and such true wording.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photo and you've scrapped it so beautifully. Love that bit from Proverbs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet, so wonderful:) Greetings from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ag man...such a precious and sweet photo! Love the page. The added sewing is so great and the gorgeou elements just perfect! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING LAYOUT & SO YOU!! Yes I remember those awesome Prima papers! Everything about this page is heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delicious page. Just look at his sweet little fac listening to his grandfather .-)
    Yup, that's what I love about challenge blogs. They let you pull out your older stash to play.
    And I must admit there is a lot to be pulled out! LOL!
    You picked just the right elements to create a gorgeous page! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful....in evety way. Love the colours, design and the fabulous stitching :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥