Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Perfectly content "passing love notes with our eyes"

Hi friends.  Today I am sharing a page I made using the Color Story Inspiration Case file S365-6.  I combined two lines of Teresa Collins papers for this colour challenge.  I was also inspired by a 2 page layout by the talented Jowilna Nolte.  I used the basic design of her page and compressed it to a single page.  Here is my page:

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: Teresa Collins; Flowers: Petaloo, Websters; Tattered diamond chipboard:  Blue Fern studios, Enamel dots:  My Minds Eye, Brad: Teresa Collins; Bling: Crystal stickers; Title: Silhouette Cameo;  Other: Acrylic paint, Gold Gelato, texture paste, Prima mask, DMC cotton.

The case file:
Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence:  jewels, flowers, diamonds (chipboard), gold, texture paste.

Testimony:  My title is Perfectly content and then I used a 6-word memoir.    I found the perfect one for this page on the site.  K was taking the photo of me sitting on the main beach at Plettenberg Bay.  The words "passing love notes with our eyes' fit perfectly.  My journalling on the back of the page: "This year we have been married 35 years and I just love you more and more as the time passes.  I love that we still sneak kisses, always hold hands, play footsie-footsie under tables and seriously flirt with one another.  We send messages with our eyes...and we usually know what is going through the other's head.  That is special and I know just how blessed we are."

Some close ups:
 I love stitching on my pages and this just felt like the perfect touch to finish the page.

 I have had these sheer Websters flowers in my stash for the longest time...and now they are just perfect.

I painted the tattered diamond bits chipboard with black paint and then rubbed gold Gelato onto it.

Thank you for looking ;-)

xx
Lynette

26 comments:

  1. Just stunning with such wonderful attention to the tiniest detail. A sure winning design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the flowers and loveeeeeeeee that photo of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 6-word memoir is totally sweet! Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is pretty, but it can't take center stage away from that smile. Good to see you so happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GORGEOUS layout to feature a an even more GORGEOUS lady ... I love your title and the hidden journalling ~ You and K are a true inspiration to younger married people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel happy looking at your beautiful page and even sweeter smile.
    You are lucky to have a marriage like that. I am sure it takes a lot of work like all marriages do,
    but you and K seem to be true soulmates'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful photo of you Lynette and a lovely page. Love the gossamer fine flowers and the stitching; but most of all, I love the journalling. It reveals the special love you and your husband share, something to be treasured. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a romantic title for your lovely layout, beautiful photo, great papers, really beautiful layout" and yes you are blessed with a love like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit of a fan of TC papers...these fit sooo well for the CSI scheme...& that is a wonderful relationship to have after so many years together...go you! BTW...that stitching here.....seriously GREAT:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty page, Lynette! Love the gorgeous flowers and your die cut title!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eyes really say it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally amazed Lynette, lovely layout and you look so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a feast for the eyes and solo meaningful! Your work is always so inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous - but the photo of your is even more gorgeous. So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page Lynnette and what a fabulous photo of you! Perfectly content, perfectly happy and perfectly you!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynette! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog! I really appreciate your wonderful comments!!! And wow! I just love this page. Not only for the wonderful design and amazing take on this challenge, but I love the beautiful photo of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome layout!!! Love love love that photo of you!!!
    Love the stitching on your page and those huge fabric flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! What an amazing layout - such a great photo!! I love all the detail. SO, SO great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful photo, layout & sentiments too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful layout and I see the team appreciated it also!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous layout and photo! Love all of the stitching & texture.....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You definitely are at home in front of the camera and blue shades do suit you, and this layout of yours complements the beautiful picture of you . You look so happy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥