Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Love - CREATE - Teresa Collins

Hi all, here is the second page that was published in the June edition of the CREATE magazine.  Remember this magazine is free for download HERE and you can download the free sketches HERE.  The page I am sharing today was inspired by the hearts on the card sketch.

Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Teresa Collins (Daily Stories); Brads, buttons, arrows:  Teresa Collins (Daily Stories); Alphabet: American Craft; Love title/ man&woman icons, heart cuts: Silhouette Cameo; Wooden hearts: Studio Calico; Other: Lindy Stamp Gang mists; DMC cotton, Pan Pastels.

I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the hearts out of the ledger paper.  I then backed the ledger paper with white cardstock.  I used PanPastels to create the ombre effect from dark yellow to aqua.  I love working with PanPastels.
 I then cut slightly smaller hearts from the circles papers and pasted them into some of the cut out spaces.  I also added wooden embellishments, enamel dots, gems and brads.

I find it so amusing that I always enjoy making the layouts based on the card sketches even more than the page sketches.  Funny that...maybe it is because I am forced to think outside of the box.

xx
Lynette

14 comments:

  1. You've added so much interest here, after I take in the photo and fab title, I wanted to explore all those hearts one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the detail on this layout! So great!
    I'm so glad you won my little giveaway...will you email me your address so I can ship it off? My email is: christie@prettypaperbook.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Lynette!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful design with a great heart theme. En natuurlik jou hart se punt is die ster van die uitleg.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative layout Lynette! Perfect for your style!! Congrats on the pub. I took a look at the mag today. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous Lynette! I love all the hearts and the ombré effect you've got going on. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the photo and all the hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks LOVEly!! Those hearts look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page, Lynette! it with such a light mood of the soul)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, lovely image surrounded by love and wonderful colours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the magazine publication with this stunning page Lynette. The multiple hearts work perfectly with the title and the M & F figures at the bottom tie it all together with love. Beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page and such a stunning photo of your hubby! Love the little bits...so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic layout Lynette! Great photo of your husband! All the hearts look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tribute to your darling husband! Love all of the hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥