Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mud Bath - CREATE magazine - Teresa Collins

Today I am sharing my third layout that was published in the May CREATE magazine.  You can read and download this free magazine HERE.  The sketches can be downloaded HERE.  Debbie Sanders asked us to do a Questions and Answers page for this edition.  My son Wynand had taken photos of our grandson Lukas taking a mud bath.  He also took a video clip of it and sent it to me...it was perfect as he was asking Lukas questions on the video.  Here is the page I came up with:


Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft:  Patterned Papers:  Teresa Collins (Everyday Moments);  Brads and stickers:  Teresa Collins (Everyday Moments); Chipboard embellishments: Celebr8, Title: Quickutz(Blossom); Two circular chipboard embellishments and little frog: Unknown from my stash; Die cuts: Silhouette Cameo.

Some close ups:

As you are all well aware...speech bubbles are very trendy right now.  My initial idea was to place them above the photos.  It looked cluttered and messy so I used the white space this 2 page design left me on the sides.


I love how it turned out and I love that I captured this story.


The sketch that I used was also a Scrapbook Generation sketch that is in their Sketch book Volume 8. I love using sketches...it allows for my own creativity but takes a lot of the heavy lifting out of the process.

Thank you for visiting.

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Hi there! A mud bath, hehee! Looks like every boys dream! Fabulous layout, wonderful placement of photos and love the speech bubbles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering if Lukas got hosed down before being allowed back in the house?? He looked like he was having a whale of a time and he was keeping cool too! Wonderful page Lynette and I love the blues and yellow colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS!!! I love love love the photos, the colors and loving the journaling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning Lynette. Great to see a double page again abd I love the Q and A.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great spread and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Lynette, this made me smile so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynette, this is so cool! lots of photos, but all in harmony! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new favorite, Lynette!! Love these colors and the way you used the talk bubbles is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new favorite, Lynette!! Love these colors and the way you used the talk bubbles is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new favorite, Lynette!! Love these colors and the way you used the talk bubbles is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again ... a GORGEOUS layout!!!! I also love using sketches as it does remove the heavy lifting of trying to design your own layout from scratch. You are an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An adorable layout! Love the colors, stitching around the outer edge, the speech bubbles, and cute elements! As always, thank you for your wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely brilliant double layout, Lynette! A total favourite for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gee whizz---what a stunning double page..love the little speech bubbles:):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What amazing boy pages!! Love all your fab details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you used such a clean-looking design for this muddy little subject. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just so perfect! Love love love your spread and adore the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that looks like so much fun...and woukd be relaxing too! A well planned out page...and I love the cute little speech bubbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a very cute page....I love the design and the sweet speech bubbles! Such sweet photo's too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥