Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I confess - The A-Z of me

The Bitou River outside Plettenberg Bay at sunset.


I am playing along with Laura who is playing along with My Home Truths ;-)  I am really making this random with whatever comes into my mind first.

Apple juice is my cold beverage of choice...I don't drink alcohol.

Bokkie the name I call the ones I love.

My Calling in life is to Care and have Compassion towards those who are in need.  Being Creative is what I do when I need to escape from this reality.

Dreaming  wonderful things for the people in our care...and dreaming of a home with a sea view.

Emotionally bankrupt today...there is just too much happening for my senses to handle.

My Faith in my Saviour and Lord is the very essence of who I am.

I am Grateful for friends and family that always surround me with love, understanding and a listening ear.

Honesty and Integrity are characteristics that I value highly.

I always look for Joy and beauty in my everyday experiences.

Kobus...the name of my soul mate and best friend.

I am extremely Loyal to my friends and family.

Mom...one of my many hats...and the  one I wear with the most pride.

No...a word I want to become more proficient in.  I struggle to say no, and I am often bullied into doing things that I don't really have the time for.

Ouma...the most beautiful name in the world.

I am a person known for my positivity.  Very few things get me down.

Quiet...the thing the introvert in me crave after too much emotional stimulation.

I place a high value on respect...for self and for others.

Something I truly suck at is small talk...and no, I don't want to get any better at it either.

I believe in telling the truth even if your voice shakes.  I believe that if you can lie, you can also steal.

I am a very strong person and can take almost everything that life throws at me...but I know that when I come undone or unglued...my darling man is there to catch me when I fall.

Van Rooyen...my maiden name.

I really don't like winter.  I have seriously tried to change my attitude to this time of year...but I fail miserably.

X...is kisses sent to the ones I love.

I love the colour yellow, and love wearing it in the winter to make me feel summery...go figure!

I have zero tolerance for people who are materialistic, arrogant and rude.

Tag you're it!!

xxx


34 comments:

  1. Love this...might need it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello bokkie :)

    Love your answers.

    Maybe I should do this? Didn't I say the same thing last time? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bokkie. Yes, you have said it before...and it is okay...no pressure xxx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to learn more about you!! Yes to the zero tolerance. Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wanted to say zero tolerance to bullshit...well there I said it :-P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yup...these kinds of post takes a bit of pressure off xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your candor, it is possible to learn even more about you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool list! I like this A to Z idea; perhaps I'll make a list for myself. I'll let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm!!! A-Z. Interesting.
    I'm with you on Z but I like Winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...I am feezing my butt, fingers and toes off. I don't get a happy feeling when it comes to winter :-(

      Delete
  8. I loved reading more about you!! These answers were fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun impromptu list....loved reading it:):)) and that photo up the top....lovely:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An inspiring list Lynette and a fun way to learn more about what makes you tick. What does Bokkie mean I wonder? Something good? Hear hear to the BS :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen it is an Afrikaans word for a little deer or buck.

      Delete
  11. P.S. every time I see your header with the stone feet, I am compelled to pause and look again at the colours, textures, shapes and intricacies of these pieces of the natural world. Each time I see something different. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe @ bokkie...I sometimes use that too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI..Thanks for sharing.. always enjoy your honestly and sharing a bit about yourself.. I am not a winter person either, I tend to eat too much and getter so much fatter and slower, I would make a good bear!!hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...the only thing I enjoy about winter is the soups, stews and curries. I do agree with you regarding the bear idea...I wouldn't mind hibernating through the winter and waking up in September.

      Delete
  14. And you know what, the one one that I did not know was the Van Rooyen bit.... true to yourself. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...I don't have it as part of my name on FB. I guess I have only been a Van Rooyen for 18 years of my life.

      Delete
  15. Great post - it's so nice to get to know the little things (and some big things too) about you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is absolutely fun to read the A-Z of you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lynette, I loved reading more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again, I wanted to let you know that I did go ahead and do an A-Z of Me post. It was kind of hard, especially to think of what to write for U, W, X, Y, & Z. But I managed to do it, and it was a fun change of pace. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very real and honest post about you. You never struck me as an Introvert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be surprised at how many introverted work and live outside their comfort zones. God has really stretched me.

      Delete
  20. Lovely post Lynette! Such an honest and open one at that! My Mom was also a van Rooyen....so interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post special lady! It is always a wonderful way to learn more about people ... I love your "Z" and so true how introverted people have to live outside of their comfort zones (personal experience on that one as well!!!)

    I would certainly not battle with the "Y" ... maiden surname was York however more than half my life has now been as a Gladwin (27 years tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha. Think I will have to do this one too. Right now c is for commenting and catching up. Also I am feeling (e)motionally spent and need some (q)uiet time ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like you, I so need my quiet time. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥