Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Currently I am...

The now abandoned train bridge of Kaaiman's River outside Wildernis
I am trying to get a lot of my old blog buddies back into blogging...so I am doing a similar blog post to Julia.  Thank you, my friend for inspiration.  Lets hope our other friends follow suit.

Reading: I completed "Orphan train" by Christina Baker Kline in three days.  Then I started on "The little coffee shop of Kabul." by Deborah Rodriguez.  I am loving it...but I haven't had much time to read lately.  We have had Pentecost services and by the time I get home I am tired and cold...so I just go to bed.
Listening to:  In my car I have the Matt Redman - 10000 reasons on repeat...at home while in my scrapping studio...I listen to Katie Melua's Piece by Piece, Amy Grant's Time Again and Nianell's Who painted the moon.
Laughing at:  We laugh a lot at Stefan's antics and the things our little ones say.  Nothing that happens in their homes are seen as private...everything is blurted out...to our amusement and their parents' embarrassment.
Swooning over:  The new Teresa Collins Cut and emboss machine...If only it was available in South Africa. 

Planning:  A trip to Cape Town. K and I have been approached by a group of interested parties (including the ACVV, Salvation Army and various churches) that want to start a setup similar to the Mission we started 16 years ago. They want our help and that excites me no end as I believe that every city should have a safe haven for those in need.
Eating lots of: Steamy stews, curries and soups.  I  am also eating lots of nartjies and oranges.  (so thankful that B's boyfriend is from Patensie)
Feeling: Despite all the drama at the Mission...I feel peaceful...I know that God is in control.
Discovering:  That after being very rigid about living in the house we have called home for the past 26 years...I am excited about the prospect of a relocation that could involve a stunning view and a new dream home.  Shhh...we don't want our children to know about our plans yet.

Looking at:  Lots and lots of ideas of dream houses that has mostly glass walls and loads of natural light.
Wearing:   It is so cold...that I am wearing layers and layers.   My new leather Bronx boots.
Knee high...and I splurged on a pair in black and a pair in brown
When I undress at night I feel like an onion ;-)  Let's not even talk about going clothes shopping.  I simply hate it when I have shed the layers just to find that what I am fitting isn't the right fit....grrrr...hence my fobia of clothes shopping.
Cooking: Dinner tonight is already simmering in my slow cooker.  Curry made with soft beef shin, potato's and carrots.  Do try Woolies Cape Malay curry herbs and spices...yummy.
Wondering:  How on earth I am going to make B understand that Stefan needs to be in some sort of routine.  I need quiet in the evenings before bedtime...and that is near impossible with Stefan that seem to need less sleep than I do.  B just rolls her eyes and I hate nagging.
Trying out: The only thing I am trying at the moment is to procrastinate less.  Here it is nearly 11:45 in the morning on an "off" day, and I am yet to put my hand to anything creative...go figure.

xx
Lynette

39 comments:

  1. I'm very picky when it comes to curry but I'll give Woolworths a chance.
    Great to read/hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I really only like "proper" Malay curries and a close second, a Thai Mussamen (Spar has a good pkt for this one :))

      Delete
    2. You will love the Woolies herb and spice mixture...it is delicious.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this - will also do sometime in the near future. Those boots are simply stunning! I need them. And well, on routine - there is nothing that makes a child feel safer than a good routine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the luxury of online shopping. Got them on Zando and didn't even need to go into a shop.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh I am excited about this new home prospect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those boots!!

    Thanks for sharing this.... Great blog fodder, and also great to get to know people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too feel like an onion...a frozen onion. I hate winter...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the winter too...my muscles doesn't like the cold. I went for a lovely neck and shoulder massage yesterday...just to get the knots out.

      Delete
    2. I firmly believe we need a half hour daylight savings here. I don't mind coming home in the dark, but waking up and running around when you can't see a thing at 6am just disgruntles me. And my nose is constantly cold.

      Delete
  6. I love reading these but I don't like doing them :)

    LOVE how you say you feel like an onion. Connor will agree - he moans every morning about how he's UNCOMFORTABLE in everything (because of the vest, long-sleeved T, sweatshirt and jacket).

    I can't WAIT to hear about the relocation plans. I guess it won't be up to Jhb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ways! I could never live away from the sea...and our ministry is right here. Actually that photo is of the piece of land we are looking at.

      Delete
  7. LOVE this post Lynette.

    > I have read The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul and couldn't put it down.
    > Love the boots ... I cannot get boots to fit my un-skinny legs ~ I did have a pair of cowboy boots a number of years ago but they got worn out.
    > So exciting to be thinking about a new home. We have been in ours for 28 years in August and every time I think of moving I get really nervous as we are so used to this house of ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a view like that...and with the promise of a scrapbook studio looking out on that view..who could say no.

      Delete
  8. I really had to giggle at Marcia's comment about her boy Connor's moaning about being uncomfortable. My Connor who celebrates his birthday on the same day as Marcia's Connor (except about 15 years older) LOVES winter and all the layers ... go figure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never survive without the layers. I hate being cold.

      Delete
  9. What an amazing photo. Praying for you as you make this life altering decision about your location. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to read a bit about you! It is getting cold here, we need some cold it is our season of winter after all, and absolutely agree about clothes shopping and trying stuff on, I tend to buy it and try it on at home, can be a pain if it doesn't fit but better than undressing all the layers in the tiny change on rooms! Love my slow cooker too! And I have been listening to Sarah reeves on you tube, she does a lot of cover songs but several of her own. Her voice is beautiful. Type in Sarah reeves beautiful and have a listen, I really enjoy her anointed sound! I don't seem to read novels but more teaching like Joyce Meyer. (Need all the help I can get sometimes!) well enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use a lot of the Joyce Meyers teaching in counselling at the Mission.
      Those tiny fitting room cubicles have the most awful lighting too..they show every lump and bump xx

      Delete
  11. Love reading about your everyday-ness and about your plans and dreams! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love snippets of an ordinary life.... big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a view. Such a step though, to move after so long. BUT... the best way to declutter and simplify!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the decluttering. My children have called our house home all their lives...it is going to be a change...but I am ready for it.

      Delete
  14. Sorry to hear that it's so cold there. I'm trying to beam some of our summer warmth your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise...our idea of cold and yours are miles apart. Below 10 degrees Celsius is cold to me...that should put it into perspective.

      Delete
  15. Its always great catching up with your blessed life and it seems that there is even more exciting times ahead.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved reading what you're up to Lynette...how do you fit it all in?! That view is amazing.....best of luck with your plans! Love your black boots....I am on the lookout for a nice good quality pair atm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The saying "If you want something done...ask a busy person" seems true. I am honest if I say that I often NEED t just sit and do absolutely nothing. 😊

      Delete
  17. I love the idea of change but not change itself - LOL! Hope you find somewhere you can call home and that it has loads of space for the grandkids to come play!

    I must be one of the few odd one but I love winter. SA winter is just mild enough to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...it will have to have loads of place for the grand babies.

      Delete
  18. Oooooh when are you coming to CT? Would love to have a meet up!
    I DO love those boots and I do love Matt Redman and Katie Melua music. Was thinking some weeks ago that I have no Nianell music. Must make a plan. Seems like you have exciting times ahead! Can't wait to hear about your new home plans.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A date hasn't been set and I am not keen on CT in the winter. Hope to see you.

      Delete
  19. Great to hear all your news Lynette and definitely some exciting adventures and things on the cards. I am still to post my "getting to know me a little better" post on my blog, but it will happen on the 23rd in a more structured fashion, as I was tagged by a friend scrapper, to do just that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post and I love that bridge... I see it often

    ReplyDelete
  21. A little laugh .... great boots, perhaps for our winter) I do not like winter, let's better to be hot ... but we have summer, this year only called summer, yesterday and today, we have only four - + 6 and a strong wind - sad ...
    Bridge interesting, beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm busy working on a post which I'll publish tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will only believe it when I read it :-P

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥