Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cheerful and Playful - My Minds Eye (Now and Then - Izzy) - CSI126

Hi my friends.  Today I want to share a page I made using the Color Story Inspiration case file 126.  I am also entering this page for My Minds Eye June Challenge. The challenge for My Mind Eye is using flair on your project.  I used some photos I took of my two youngest grandsons.  There is only a two month age gap between this two...and I believe that they will be firm friends into the future.  Here is my page:

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Now and Then - Izzy);  Ampersand and Playful diecuts:  My Minds Eye (Now and Then - Izzy); Flair and stickers:  My Minds Eye (Now and Then - Izzy), Circles diecut and cheerful - Silhouette Cameo; Stitched circles: Prima; Other: The Crafters Workshop stencil and Dylusions ink spray.

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence:  chevrons, polka dots, ampersand, hearts, crystals.

Testimony:  My title uses the word:  Cheerful & Playful.  My journalling on the back reads.  "My darling little boys.  When I look at the two of you my heart swells with pride...and at the same time I am a bit sad...because I know that you will probably be my last grandbabies.  I don't want you to grow up...but if you have to, my wish is that you will be best friends to one another your whole lives.  xx Ouma

I used a sketch from Sketch Savvy , you will also find the cut file for the circles there:

Some close ups:
 I doodled around the die cut circles to make it stand out a bit more.  I love how the flair fits in perfectly.

 I used the chevron stencil from The crafters workshop and sprayed Dylusion ink for the background.

The little crystal hearts took care of some of the evidence.

Thank you for visiting.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

xx
Lynette

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love love love all the chevrons and the circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun page you've constructed here. I love that their little faces have smudges of fun on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Lynette.....the colours are gorgeous and I love your diecut and stamped circles. A really well executed page....everthing is perfectly balanced :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love how you mix colours and patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun layout, Lynette!! I love how you incorporated both challenges, and the way you used the flair is really awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zippedy-doo-da! Loove this one - so bright & cheerful & the circle elements work perfectly.....rather like the chevron, too, actually!! I ADORE CSI files....they are such fun to 'play' with:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness these boys do look like they are close in age, hoe cute they look together! Fabulous layout love the circle element in the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and cheerful looking layout! Love the circles with the flairs and love the chevron background!!! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. pure delight , utterly gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous! And I pray they will always be friends and thick as thieves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful layout Lynette! Love the sweet photos and all the colorful details! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi lynette. What a mission to comment....due to my absence here in blogland. Forgot passwords...lost all my bookmarks. So i found some of my favorite blogs again. Your scrapping is beautiful as always...you and your husband looking great. I will pass by more often now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These 2 are just precious...love the big buttons and the bright, happy colours! Fabulous boy page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page Lynette, and those grandkids keep getting more and more adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome page - the doodling really caught my eye!! And I just adore those Prima circle-stitching stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, bright and cheery Page! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous page with all the details ... You are, as always, an inspiration to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥