Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Little girls have a MAGIC all of their own - CSI 124

Last weekend I had time to play along with the latest challenge on Color Story Inspiration.  I love the work of Melinda Spinks, she recently made a gorgeous page that just begged to be lifted ;-)   Here is the result:

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  Prima, My Minds Eye, Daisy D's; Rub ons: Daisy D's (frame around the photo), Kaisercraft; Brads: My Minds Eye, Doodlebugs; Pearls: Fab Scraps; Doily die: Quickcutz; Butterfly punch: Upikit; Flower punch: American Girl; Other:  Silhouette Cameo, DMC Cotton.

The yummy Case File:
This is how I solved the case file:

The Scene: All the colors were used.

Evidence: Butterflies, glitter brads, flowers, rub ons, ombre effect, wings, tiny brads.

Testimony: I used the title: Little girls have a Magic all of their own.

Some close ups:
I punched the flowers with an American Girl punch, inked them and attached them.  I then finished them off with a little pearl in the middle of each one.

I love the way the stitching frames the photo and flowers.

xxx

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely scrumptious, Lynette. Such a great creative way of using little punched flowers. A precious photo too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love that photo, the colors, the flowers and the butterflies!!!! Pinning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love everything ... from the photo, to the stitching to the paper you used ... EVERYTHING!!! I am going to be lifting this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynette, your page is wonderful! Melinda a great idea! Love the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were so generous with all the details on this page. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and girly, Lynette!! I love the teeny flowers and butterflies you used on your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and I love her cheeky smile and the glint in her eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Melinda's layout with all the punched flowers.. and your lift looks so lovely too.. that photo is so cheeky and delightful it does not need much embellishment on the page.. beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Lynette! What a wonderful photo!!! I just love her gorgeous smile. You scrapped the amazing photo beautifully. I love your take on this challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!! Sooooo...another crazy scrapper who likes getting sore fingers from 'working' her punch!!!! I saw Melinda's page....yours is a FABULOUS 'nod' to it:) Love the way you have 'worked' those colours, too....cute as a button photo, too....well done....crazy, but well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the rows of flowers! What a great idea for a feminine, eye-catching way to embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. soft, rich, beautiful and oozing with magic .. love this x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow isn't this beautiful! I love Melinda's work too! This is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! What a gorgeous layout of a beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette, your work is so gorgeous and creative! I love the rows of little flowers and the handcrafted touch of your stitching!! Thanks for your inspiration!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a terrific page!! I'm a huge fan of Melinda's work as well and when I saw your page I had to think of her work straight away. Love what have done! Love the flowers, but also the stitching, the frame around the photo, the title ... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous photo Lynette and you have showcased it wonderfully. Love the little flowers the butterflies, the title and of course that giggle font. A beauty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the design of this page....and the photo is gorgeous! The added sewing so super! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very pretty & I love your line up of blooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truly gorgeous! Loving all those little punched flowers <3 They look so dynamic all together like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥