Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Little Moment - CSI120 - Fancy Pants

My life has been a bit busy lately and I haven't had much time to be creative. I love to play along with CSI (Color Story Inspiration).  They have weekly challenges and really challenge you to think outside the box.  Anyhow...let me share the last page I made for their challenge 120.  I was very blessed to see that my page was among  the "Most Wanted" pages.

Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers:  Fancy Pants, Circle die cut:  Silhouette Cameo; Alpha stickers: Websters, Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Little Alphas: Making Memories; Turtle: cut from Nikki Sivils papers;  Other:  Texture paste, Crafters workshop stencil, Prima stencil.

I decided to use some photos of Stefan that came out less than perfect. Here is how I solved this case file:

The Scene: All the colours are there.

Evidence: Stripes, mixed media, animal accent, umbrella, raindrop shapes, scribbles.

Testimony: I used a rain haiku found on tinywords.com:

"The many notes
of the falling rain
all in tune".

The journalling on the back says: "On a rainy day in February we had an impromptu photo shoot with Stefan dressed only in a nappy (diaper) and boots and carrying an umbrella. Needless to say it was a total flop. He moved so fast that nearly every picture blurred, the umbrella was everywhere but above his head and at the end of ten minutes the umbrella was totally wrecked after he used it as a bulldozer."

Thank you for visiting.  

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the little Nikki turtle, the photos and all the circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real fun design and no wonder it was a most wanted design. Lol, now that's boys for you..
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I can see why this was the "Most Wanted" layouts at CSI....love it! Amazing texture, die cut, turtle, & sweet photos....another amazing layout! Wishing you a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stefan a nimble boy - well done! Lynette looks interesting as rain effect)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, so cuuuuute Lynette! Such a darling layout! Love all the sweet photos and the fabulous textured background that you created! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fabulous and super sweet and lovely page!!! Those photos! awesome! Love the colors too!
    Btw, the attacher I used on my page is the "Tiny Attacher" from Tim Holtz. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sorry for laughing but I can totally see him using an umbrella as a bulldozer!! A real boy! Love the design with the stencilling in the background and the photos look great from what I can see! Love the turtle too, great take on the challenge! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is fun Lynette!! The papers are so beautiful!! The background is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I absolutely love, LOVE, (did I say LOVE??) this gorgeous and happy page, Lynette! I really like the photos so much. I think the way you used the circle die cut and that adorable turtle is pure genius! Your layout is full of love and happiness and I am so happy that you shared it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The direct looks perfect.....& what FAB photos!!!!! Congrats on the feature, too:):))) loooove CSI:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally adorable, Lynette! I love the way you used the modeling paste on the kraft background and those photos are so, so cute! And the circle cut file looks fab at the top of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Congrats on being the "Most Wanted" page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynette I can honestly see why this gorgeous layout was in the 'Most Wanted' list... it is just adorable. I love the background texture and as for those photos... they crack me up. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a DARLING layout! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this, Lynette! The circles are fabulous and the fun photo shoot was a great idea! Umbrella, bulldozer, who would know the difference?? LOL I enjoyed my stroll here on your blog today! No, life is not perfect ... but we are made perfect in Him. Thank goodness for that! And thank you for the constant encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw man...this is soooo darn cute! Love the design and love those sweet photo's! Love that title that is so different and gorgeous! A stunning page Lynette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥