Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Adorable - CREATE magazine - Teresa Collins

I am delighted to be part of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE magazine design team.  The May edition of CREATE has just gone live. Click here to read and/or download CREATE.  This month is a bumper edition of 245 pages...and I have three layouts published in the magazine.  


The first layout I want to share with you was for the colour challenge this month.  This was the inpiration photo:

Here is my page:

 Supply list:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Teresa Collins (Everyday Moments), Wood arrows: Studio Calico; Chipboard circle and title: Blue Fern Studios; Brads and word stickers: Teresa Collins (Everyday Moments); Stamps:  Prima stitched circles and Prima stitched rectangles; Floss: DMC Cotton, Background:  PanPastels; Chipboard circle colored with Gelatos.


Some close ups:

Initially I left the background white...but it was just as if something was missing.  I then used my PanPastels around the edges of the page and then stenciled some blue PanPastel through a Crafters Workshop Stencil.


It was difficult working on the background of a completed layout...but the result was worth it.


As a final touch I added the stitching stamp around the edges and some circle stitching stamps here and there.

Thank you for visiting.  I will be sharing the page I made based on the May card sketch as well as the two page layout I made for the Questions and Answers layout.

xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Yahoooo! Congrats Lynette! So well deserved! I love your adorable layout! All the layers and darling photo makes it so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout, and that photo is priceless.. and I shall pop over to check out the mag.. love the new look blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you:) The circle element looks FABULOUS....the colours are YUM:):) And I really like the 'adorable' title too...& those 'stitch stamps'....they are on my 'list'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and those circles!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Lynette and so many awesome details and embellishments. I ADORE your rock feet blog topper - just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats on your well deserved new dt position. Your layout is just wonderful as always.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rushed through the magazine ignoring all the other dt members looking for your pages .. and I was not disappointed!!!! Your work is amazing!!! Well done.

    This page and it's subject certainly are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab Lynette!! I love your Silhouette cuts and the stitching!! And your use of the color scheme is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS page! Love it!! Totally going to check out your other projects, I LOVE CREATE Mag. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous Boy page...and I love the blues and greens you worked with. The photo is charming, ice cream and all! Great job with the additional colours and stamping. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and in answer to your question about the printer - yes I do have a large format one :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome page, Lynette! You rocked the colors. Love all the sweet touches on this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the magazine DT - that's wonderful! And what a lovely page...perfect title because it is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow....such a precious little page! That face is just adorable, as you say! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too precious. Love the chippie and he is a little darling. Love the colours of this one too... my faves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥