Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happiness - CREATE - My Minds Eye

The April issue of CREATE magazine have gone live.  You can read and download this free magazine HERE.  The free sketches can be downloaded HERE.  I still get a thrill every time when I see my layouts in the magazine....and I feel so very blessed.  I used a photo I took of my youngest son and his wife on Christmas day.

Here is the page I made based on the Sketch:
Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Find your wings and fly); Tickets: Printable download; Flowers and wood leaves: Prima; Happiness title: Blue Fern Studios; Brads, buttons and enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Other:  Silhouette Cameo/ Fiskars border punch.

This is the sketch that you can download:

Variation 1:  I turned the sketch on it's side.

Variation 2:  I replaced the 2 6x6 patterned paper squares that was to be placed across the page with a die cut panel.

Some close ups:
I love the touch the enamel dots gives...and the little heart rub ons.

I found the printable "people" tickets on Pinterest, downloaded and printed it.  It makes an awesome accent.

I hope you are enjoying all the inspiration in the CREATE magazine.  It is amazing that this is shared with people the world over as a free gift.

xoxo

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the tickets and the circles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning design once again Lynette and a gorgeously creative take on the sketch. You deserve all the limelight you can get xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, Lynette. I like the 3 tiny heart stamps that frame the composition. Subtle and adorable! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love how seamlessly you've mixed these patterns. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page really pops - I do so like the grid of circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous layout! I was very excited to see your layout in the new Create magazine.....and, yes, it is amazing that it is shared for free around the world. Love your take on the sketch, the fun colors, die cut panel, and the printed people tickets....everything fits so beautifully together! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout, love it turned like that too.. I shall pop over and have a look at the mag.. I hope your Easter was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Lynette!! Love how you used the sketch and added the different patterns and the fun circle background behind your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet, romantic layout! Lovely paper collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Lynette, and a beautiful photo too! Love the papers and love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is so amazing Lynette! I just love everything about it and the colours are just gorgeous. Well done for being published again. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful take on this sketch, Lynette. I absolutely love that photo, so much. You scrapped it beautifully and with such creativity, my friend. And I also want to thank you for your wonderful visits to my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ongrats again on the magazine!
    Love your layout in the scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definite one to CASE. Love the way you used the die cut panel. I love your work!!! And like you I get a thrill when I see your work in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout Lynette! Love the pretty photo and all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely layout Lynette. Those 'people' tickets are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats again on the publication...woohooo! Love this one too...the little people tickets are just gorgeous & I love the circled placemat under your layers. This is a wonderful sketch & I love your take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing page!! Love the circle background!! and those people tickets are so fun!! Love the photo! What a wonderful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Well deserved! I enjoy your creativity so much! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! I really thought I had commented here already!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Lynette! We have featured this awesome layout on the Blue Fern Studios blog today. Thanks for using our products!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥