Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

You Shine - CREATE - Basic Grey


Hallo there.  It is such a privilege for me to be part of the CREATE team. You can read or download this free magazineHERE.   I love the sketches and colour challenges that we are sent to play with.  It is always so hard to keep everything under wraps until after the magazine is released.  You can download all the free sketches HERE. Here is my layout made based on the inspiration and colour combination that we were given:

Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft: Patterned papers: Basic Grey Wander; Felties and brads: Basic Grey; Title: Blue Fern Studios; Arrows: Freckled Fawn; Other: DMC Cotton, Gelatos and Sequins.


This picture was given as inspiration for this colour challenge.  I was initially challenged with all that green...then I came across some old Basic Grey Wander papers and it all came together rather easily.

I love the latest trend of triangles.  I cut a template with various size triangles with my Silhouette and then went about cutting out triangles in different sizes on patterned papers.  I also drew in some triangles with Gelatos and then hand stitched around them.  

A few Basic Grey felties, brads, some sequins and some more hand stitching and I loved the end result.

Please visit the CREATE magazine, it is free and you will be surprised by all the fantastic inspiration  you will find there.

xoxo

17 comments:

  1. A wonderful mssculine mixed media creation. You have taken to mixed media like a duck to water.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout!! So fun to have some creations in CREATE along with you this month!!!
    I hope everything is going well with you and you're staying positive. :) It always helps me when I start counting blessings. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing page Lynette!! Love these colors with your photo, and the fun triangles in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have scraps of those Basic Grey papers. You inspire me to get them out and make something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout. Love the fun colors you used.
    Love the pic of your handsome little grandson too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous boy page! Love the triangles and the colours you used...so stunning! The sewing just adds such a nice too! Love this page and is a definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An extra pretty one - may just be my favorite of your yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page, so much! You used the basic grey paper beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout! Love the colors, triangles, & neat stitching! I enjoyed seeing your projects in Create....so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly a wonderful page to highlight that special photo of a beautiful young man!!
    Big congrats on being with the magazine. I am eager to go check it out!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome page! Love the colors, the design and that wonderful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent layout Lynette! I love these triangles sewn hand-stitched! I did not immediately noticed that they are drawn)
    Congratulations on the publication of the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing .. you are so talented and have used geometry so well here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always in a hurry to look at the CREATE magazine and find your pages ... I am so proud of the work you are doing ~ Your pages certainly are the front runners for me.

    This is an absolutely gorgeous page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your page. I'm not quite sure about the triangle rage yet. But your stitched ones are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, another superb eye catching layout! Just love the triangles running across the page like that (I had been wanting to do a layout with triangles, and actually attempted one a while back, but it was a disaster! lol - I'll have to put it back on my list of ideas to do). This one is so inspiring, Lynette....love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥