Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Wild Thing - Scrap Africa - My Minds Eye (Sweetest Thing)

Hello there.  It is a new month and time for the monthly Scrap Africa sketch challenge.  This month's sketch is designed by Evgenia and is designed with multiple photos in mind.  I decided to scrap a set of photos of Leane take on her 6th birthday.  She is my only granddaughter and a wild child.

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill, Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye Sweetest Thing; Flowers: Prima; Stickers, brads and enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Bits of honey chipboard by Blue Fern Studios, Title: Silhouette Cameo; Other: Crafters Workshop stencil and gesso.  The bits of honey was also painted white and then wiped with gold dust.  I did a lot of machine stitching on this page.

Here is the sketch:

Please visit the Scrap Africa blog and be inspired by the design team's pages.  We would love for you to play along with us this month.

**************************************************
For those who regularly follow my blog for more than just scrapbooking...you might have wondered whether I have fallen off the face of the earth.  I am still here and I am still standing.  February has been a hard, hard month. It started with a trickle of trouble and then it turned into a raging torrent.  We have been attacked from every side.  We felt so alone.  We didn't know whether anyone had our backs at the Mission. We had to face that one of the people that we trust was being dishonest and money had gone missing.  

and.just.like.that.  I lost my joy.  I stopped counting gifts.  I stopped seeing the beauty that surround me.  I stopped laughing.  I couldn't sleep.  My stomach was in knots and I couldn't eat.   I felt like such a fraud and a failure.  You know we all get knocked down from time to time...and we just have to get up again and continue our journey.  So I got up and I decided that I "choose joy".

Today we had to face our leaders and again share our story of how the Mission started.  We made the statement that they either follow the vision the Lord has given for the Mission or we will release them to serve elsewhere.  We needed to know where they stand and whether they would be loyal going forward.  We confronted the dishonesty and the guilty party confessed and resigned.  

I will continue where I left off halfway through February. My life is God's gift to me, even in its common, run-of-the-mill, mundane ordinariness. I am going to stop waiting for the big breaks and the exciting events before I am happy. I will find the things in my everyday that will lift my level of joy.  I will choose to see God's goodness in the everyday blessings in my life.

xoxo

22 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read about everything you had to endure Lynette. We all loose our joy from time to time and I am so happy to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope that March will be a much better month and the Mission will continue to do the great things you have set yourselves out to do. Thinking of you my friend. xx
    Btw, your layout is gorgeous! It makes me smile every time I see it. My daughter was also a wild thing at that age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grand daughter looks fearless in this beautiful layout. All the stitching really makes it so much more interesting.
    Your personal post was very moving and I am pleased to read that you are choosing to find the joy again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful! and granddaughter, and Page!
    I hope all the difficulties will be left behind, and the work will be adjusted in the Mission, and joy will reign in your heart)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you've had an awful time. I HATE when I lose my joy. I had a lot of alone time today and it gave me time to think. I realised that I too am waiting for the big breaks when I need to working on the NOW happiness.I will continue to pray for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love the background on your layout! So pretty and fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful layout...love the stitching, Bit of honey chipboard, and pretty flowers! Praying that each day brings you joy, peace, and grace. Bless you for you dedicated work at the Mission. I, too, at times, seems to be waiting for something "new and exciting" instead of realizing that each day, however mundane or uneventful, is a gift from God! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING those fun photos, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Lynette, and such cute photos of your granddaughter! Sorry to hear how tough things have been for you in February, and I'm hoping March brings you better days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have more strength from the lows of February, and yes we are all ordinary, but have an EXTRA-ordinary God who loves us no matter what.. love your layout, great take on the sketch.. and that girl looks like she knows how to have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, I like the color combo, and the texture and pretty bloom really makes it pop!
    BIG HUGS to you my friend, hang in there, hang in there. I remember the month of December 2013, I was feeling down, so down that I have no interest in anything, I finally decided that life is too short and I can't go on like that, while doing December Daily, I realized that I can't just wrote down I am sad everyday, so I take a switch and decided to ONLY write the happy things, well, by December 18, I slowly see the progress and feeling slightly better and better by the day, I still have those down days once in a while, but I learn to just focus on the happy stuff. TAKE CARE and I will be thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs and prayers for you, Lynette as you move forward. It's such a challenge to face disloyalty from the ones we have entrusted. Praying for your joy to return abundantly.

    What a fabulous layout. Your granddaughter is such a cutie even if she is a wild child. :-) Love how you pulled the colors from your photos for the background and elements. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is gorgeous as always as is your grand daughter.

    I am saddened by the rest of your post ... you do such good work and to have been taken advantage of by one of your people is a hard pill to swallow ~ The devil will work his hardest when the work you are doing is important and I am happy that you saw that and have chosen joy ~ this is a very hard and brave thing to do and I pray that God looks after you and K as you continue to do the work that He has called you to do. Thank you for sharing with us so that we can hold you guys up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry. I know how disappointed and deeply sad you must feel at the betrayal.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know how hectic it was at the Mission. I am glad you got up again. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So love your "Wild Thing" page! Love the panels and the fresh colours, along with the super, sweet photo's! This is a definite favourite for me! Absolutely love it!
    So sorry to hear that February has been a very challenging month. These things certainly come to test us and question our resilience and faith....but glad to hear that you have made the choice to rise above the negativity and find your joy and gifts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear that February was so rough for you, Lynette. I think that business and personnel decisions are always very tricky, and I can totally understand how the situation that you described could be draining and disheartening. But it sounds like things have turned a corner, so I hope that you'll be feeling better again soon.

    Your page is so cute and sweet. One special touch that I really liked was the stitching around the page and along the vertical stripes. Great job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. People can be real shits sometimes! It always annoys me especially when someone does this to a person or a group who truly cannot afford it.

    Hang in there, and don't let them steal your joy! There are more good people than bad apples out there, just remember that. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your layout is darling. I'm so sorry you went through so much with the mission. It's such a wonderful thing you're doing, hard when someone takes advantage of a good thing. I'm glad that you're choosing joy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love the fun photos so beautifully incorporated into your design.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving this one!! Those awesome prints together look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥