Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Love - CSI 113 - Special Investigator (and winner of Valentines album)

I was really over the moon when I received an e-mail from the talented Debbi Tehrani from Color Story Inspiration to be a Special Investigator for the month of March.  It was so much fun keeping it a secret and working on secret case files...like a real investigator...teehee...

I used a photo that our son Wynand took of us at the Cape Town Waterfront in July last year.  Sometimes I cannot believe that this special man has been my husband for nearly 35 years.  He has been the love of my life since I was 17 years old.  Here is the page I made for this weeks case file:
 Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper:  Ledger paper (Creative Imaginations), Fancy Pants (Be You), Title and frame: Silhouette Cameo; Little bird: Fancy Pants (Be You); "Rub on: Fancy Pants (Be You); Enamel dots: Studio Calico; Other: Gelatos, DMC Cotton

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case:

The Scene:  All the colours are there.

Evidence:  Ledger paper (background), hearts, bird, scallops, doodling and pen work, stripes.

Testimony:  I used the word "love" for my title and this is my journaling.

THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU:  I love the way you love me.  I love that you will never give up on me.  I love that I am beautiful in your eyes.  i love it that even after 35 years you still get jealous.  I love that you tease me and make me laugh.  I love it that you know what I want to say, even before I open my mouth.  I love it that you are such a wonderful father and Oupa.  I love it that you are mine. xxx

I used this cute sketch by Brenda Ragsdale for Scrap our Stash.
Thank you for visiting and leaving love.  I hope you are inspired.

The winner of the Valentines album was chosen by Random.org and is Lisa-Marie Watling...and she said

  1. Oh I would love to be the proud owner of one of your beautiful works of art! I would gather aaalllll pics of Travers and I taken over our almost-19 years together and use this album to showcase them. Then I would get an easel and decorate it to match so that I can display it proudly in my home! XOXO
Lisa-Marie this little album is "little" 10x14cm.  I hope you will be able to use it the way you would like.  Please let me have your postal address.  My e-mail address is lynette.jacobs11@gmail.com

xxx

21 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous elements to your 'Love'ly page Lynette! The stitching is my favourite, highlighted by the Gelatos. I hope life is being kind to you now, chin up. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GDT!!! This is soooooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love those hearts and that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette your page has such a dreamy colour palette and the journaling within the heart is just beautiful. Also a gorgeous photo of the two of you. I spent many an evening in the Sports Bar at the Cape Town waterfront... however it was a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool page - it has such a nice vibe to it - which I suspect is primarily due to the cute couple pictured there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My special lady! Congrats on being a special investigator! So so very exciting! And certainly well deserved!
    I simply adore this LO - I hope you have it on display?!
    I am so happy and pleased and elated and excited to be a proud new owner of one of your works of art! Yay! Thank you SO much! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring your page certainly is as usual Lynette. I love everything about it ... and the photo and top 10 list is PERFECT! I am so excited that you have been chosen as a Special Investigator ... your pages certainly deserve to be in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous layout Lynette. Love your hearts at the background and lovely photo of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, I love the sketch you have used, and we'll done on your win too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your guest spot, Lynette!! Well deserved! Your page is amazing, and what a great photo of you and your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to have you GD at CSI. Your beautiful page with its symbolism and heartfelt journalling is very special. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that scrap of you and Hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful....love your version of the sketch with the two hearts tucked behind the chipboard "love bird"! As always, the photo of you and your darling husband! Hope everything is going better for all of you. If you have a chance, stop by and see my last two post, I am also working on (2) two page layouts! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always always always beautiful work. I need all the inspiration I can find as I'm about to start working on my daughters wedding album ... I've been collecting little bits 'n pieces and need to sit down and work out which photos I'm going to use. I'm nervous and excited about doing it - but feel out of touch since I haven't scrapped in ages.

    I'll just be hanging out at all the sites I've bookmarked c.a.s.e-ing

    Hugs

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful with a wonderful love theme.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous layout! I love that photo, you two look so very happy and in love. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful partner in life. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful and special page Lynette and the photo just tells a beautiful story! Love the styling, love the details and title and love the journalling too! Awesome page and you are certainly a lucky lady! You are blessed, loved and a very special lady! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Utterly utterly adorable page!! You look so good together too! LOVE it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a fantastic page!! Love that photo of you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful...the page & photo are just bursting with love <3
    Huge congrats to Lisa-Marie....enjoy your beautiful album :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful photo which you have showcased so beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Design! So fun & playful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥