Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I'm All Boy - CREATE - Little Yellow Bicycle


Hallo there.  It is such a privilege for me to be part of the CREATE team. You can read or download this free magazine HERE.   I love the sketches and colour challenges that we are sent to play with.  It is always so hard to keep everything under wraps until after the magazine is released.  You can download all the free sketches HERE. Every month we are given a card sketch and a tag sketch to use in different ways.  This month the card sketch inspired this layout:

Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: Little Yellow Bicycle and My Minds Eye; Title, blue border chipboard, dinosaur: Little Yellow Bicycle; Button border; My Minds Eye; Rub ons: Kaiserkraft, Other: Silhouette, Paint and Tattered Angels glimmer mist, Prima circles stencil.

I started out with cutting out some circles in different sizes in different patterned papers.  I then pasted them to the page and added some orange circles with Gelatos.  

I then drew circles over the patterned papers and hand stitched the circles.  Lastly I added the chipboard circle cut with the Silhouette.

Before adding the photo and embellishments I placed the Prima circles mask over the page and spritzed the whole page with Glimmer Mist.  I love the end result.

This is the cards sketch that you can download:


Go and check out the CREATE magazine and be inspired.

xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Lynette. Adore those sewn on cicles. Such a cute photo too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! And so very fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable Lynette, and an awesome interpretation of the sketch! I love the variety of ways you repeated the circle shape!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh this is soooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love all the circles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great Lynette!!! wonderful idea with circles, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how adorable! Love that photo.. and love the circles and stitching too.. I shall go and have a look at the sketches now.. and trusting you are dwelling in the shadow of our God in the storms of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so amazing Lynette, love the button strip and all that lovely hand stitching. But the star is your gorgeous grandson! Hope all is well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delightful page Lynette. First that stunning photo; then the bold use of colour and the stitching. The little dinosaurs are soooo cute and the whole thing is totally gorgeous....love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing page again Lynette. I go in search of your pages first in CREATE and am so proud to find you there and continuing with your amazing pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a Gorgeous layout. Great colour combo & love the touch of stitching.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just gorgeous! I love the circle theme & gorgeous colours, Lynette...and your stitching is just perfect!!! Love everything about this one...brilliant work! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful Lynette. Love your repitition of the circular elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...just love this boy page! Love the styling, love the little chippie tags...and love that photo! Too precious for words! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable! Loving all of the circles, chipboard banner, stitching, and dinosaurs! Also, the sweet photo of your little one....such a blessing! Thanks for the inspiration on the circles...I have a two pager waiting for me to finish with a few circles, looks like I need to add more to mine! Always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable! Loving all of the circles, chipboard banner, stitching, and dinosaurs! Also, the sweet photo of your little one....such a blessing! Thanks for the inspiration on the circles...I have a two pager waiting for me to finish with a few circles, looks like I need to add more to mine! Always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a face! Fab page - love the dinos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥