Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dream - CSI 115 - March Special Investigator

This week's colour palette for Color Story Inspiration's case file 115 is very dreamy and soft.  The inspiration picture just calls for a mixed media background.  I threw everything at this page...I hope I remember all the different processes.  I used a photo that K took of me at Sardinia Bay in January 2012.  I love the beach...and this is one of my favorite places to just sit...stare....and breathe.

Supply list: Cardstock: Bazzill, acrylic paper; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye, Melissa Francis and Theresa Collins; Flowers: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Rub ons: Kaisercraft; Title, clouds, balloon: Silhouette Cameo; Lace: Prima; Other: Prima Stencil, Crafters Workshop stencil, PanPastels, Gelatos, Gesso, Texture paste, builders mesh.

Here is the Case File:
Pretty isn't it?  Here is how I solved this casefile:

The Scheme:  All the colours used.

Evidence:  hearts, lace, mesh, flowers, clouds, rub-ons, mixed media background.

Testimony:  My title is dream and I used a Kaiserkraft rub-on that says "Cherish yesterday, dream tomorrow, live today".   My journaling at the back of the page:  "The calling that we live out everyday is to work with A LOT of people.  Not ordinary people either...but those discarded by family and society.  People who are so broken that only God can fix them.  We have to love them back to a place where they want to live and dream again. The work is very emotional and very draining.  I regularly need to just get away from people. My favorite place to go is the beach.  I can sit for hours and just watch the waves breaking on the beach and against the rocks. They say that men have a "nothing box" they retreat to when they just mindlessly flick through TV channels...but I have found that I have a "nothing box" too.  A place I retreat to when things become too much emotionally and when I am very tired. As I sit, I get things into perspective...and I dream about the future of those we work with and I dream about the future of my loved ones. I always come away feeling rejuvenated and full of hope...and that is what life is all about...dreaming, having hope and always trusting that it will always work out in the end.

On this close up you can get an idea of all the processed I used.  I first stencilled hearts with pink PanPastel onto the background and then added a layer of gesso over it. The next layer was gelatos in pink, peach and brown and shaded with a wet finger.  I added some texture paste, some mesh and the little damask rub-on's.  The damask was to dark so I added another layer of gesso over it.


I love the soft colours and the layers.  I cut my title with the Silhouette, added glossy accents to it and while wet sprinkled red glitter over it.

Thank you for visiting.  I hope you are inspired to play along with CSI this week.

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. This is really lovely! I like sitting and relaxing at the beach too, such a pleasant thing to do. Love your background and beautiful design of your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to join CSI. The layouts on that site are incredible. Mine are so simple but it was so much fun to create.

    I have watched your skills grow over the years. I became familiar with your blog through work with Scrapbook Generation. I visit that store on route to my daughter's house. They are remarkable and kind women.

    You are incredible, Lynette. Thanks for sharing your mission to serve, your scrapbook work, your family life and most importantly your love of God. Blessings!

    PS: Finally figured out I had to purchase an iPhone app to leave comments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the flowers and that heart!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "testimony" - the beach is definitely a place to calm the mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Lynette! Fabulous photo! Love the fancy balloon and your mix of patterned papers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette this is just too beautiful from the wonderful mixed media background to the clouds with the heart.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the processes that you have used , this is a really lovely layout.The title is beautifully done as is the gessoesd (is that a word) damask

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun!! I love the pretty heart shape balloon in the design and the photo of you!! Awesome layout!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Lynette! Love the mix of prints & everything you did. Sparkly & gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beach is definitely my "nothing box". It is a place where I go to find perspective and every single time I'm there I am AWED by how BIG our God is.
    Praying for you, my friend. Hang in there, things will settle down. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful layout, Lynette!! And the Mixed Media adds such a great touch to your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful and emotive page! Love the beautiful heart and clouds! I love the ocean too and just like you, I can sit for hours and just listen, smell and watch the ocean! It certainly does give one perspective and just clears the mind! I wish I lived closer to the ocean.... Your post is just a reminder to me, that we all need some clarity time...just to sit and BE! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful .. love the background and the photograph is just stunning. My dream home has the ocean on one side and a mountain on the other ... love both and miss both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! I love the soft colors, clouds, and hearts! You are a true inspiration to me....your beautiful scrapbooking, your dedication to the mission, and your faith in God! So happy that I found your blog several years ago....bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Lynette! Your background work here is just amazing! Love the mix of pattered paper as well! What you do daily for God truly matters eternally but I am glad that you do find time to recharge your batteries! And to inspire the likes of me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful the way the blue sky plays off your pink page - but then blue skies go with everything, right? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥