Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Angel Eyes - CSI 116 - March Special Investigator

Hallo my blog friends.  I am here today to share my last case file as Special Investigator for March.  I was delighted to work with Debbi Tehrani's fabulous color challenges and taking part in Color Story Inspiration challenges every week.  This week I used a photo of Stefan that was taken in January.  You can see the mischief in those blue eyes.  Here is my page:

Supply list: Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Basic Grey, Echo Park, My Minds Eye; Brads and enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Flair: Prima Everyday; Heart: Melissa Francis; Chipboard bits of honey and title: Blue Fern Studios; Silhouette Cameo:  Circle; Other:  PanPastels in Red Iron Oxide and Turquoise Shade, texture paste, gesso, Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Twilight Jade Slate, Hyacinth Blue Jade and Cleopatra's Copper.

Here is the case file:
This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All the colours were used.

Evidence: Circles, metal photo turn, I used electricity (heat gun for embossing powder).

Testimony:  The title is a song title.  My journaling on the back reads:  "You have the most beautiful eyes and lashes a girl would die for.  When I look into your eyes I see that they are dancing with mischief and I always wonder what is going through that little head?   Your eyes are always alive with curiosity and intelligence.  The title I used for this page is "Angel Eyes", a song by Love and theft , and I want to echo the words... "There’s a little bit of devil in your angel eyes" just as the song says.

I used this Sketchabilities sketch and combined the two challenges:

Some close-ups:
I used the soft greenish grey Bazzill cardstock for my background.  I covered it with the new Prima Stain mask and stenciled PanPastel in Turquoise Shade.  I set the PanPastel with artist fixative and then dabbed some  Red Iron Oxide PanPastel here and there.  I also added another layer of the Turquoise Shade around the edges of the page.

I then used the Crafters Workshop tile stencil and texture paste.  I sprinkled embossing powder on the wet embossing powder and applied heat.

I cut the circle with my Silhouette on Silhouette Chipboard. I primed it with a layer of gesso and then applied a layer of Red Iron Oxide PanPastel.

I hope you will find the time to play along with us.  Have a lovely weekend.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Oh Lynette! I adore this one and love, love that little chaps face. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, Lynette! I love those sweet photo–what a great background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the splatters and the big circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, how come it's so often the boys who end up with the long, curly lashes? :)

    Great page for this sweet little cutie. Congrats on being a special investigator. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work!!! Thanks for using the sketchabilities sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY page!! Awesome background and that photo is so cute! The way he looks! priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a nice background and layout! I love the color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout & that photograph is just stunning!!! It really captures his mischievous personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been rocking these CSI challenges! You make a great agent! Especially love the background work here! Also, thanks for using the Sketchabilities sketch! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wow, this just sparkles with life and vitality….love those mischievous eyes. Your background work is superb and the circle grounds everything perfectly….fabulous work :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS page!!!! You sure are the perfect CSI Agent and put so much detail onto your pages. I LOVE this photo of Stefan ... he sure is the perfect subject for Angel Eyes.

    One day when I grow up I want to scrapbook like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout Lynette! Love the sweet photo and fantastic background that you created! The burst of red looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZA! This is absolutely stunning - the layout and the photo! Love every little thing about it. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities and CSI!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI.. I hope you are well!! That photo grabs my eye as soon as I see your layout, what beautiful eyes he has! Love the sketch you have used the circle really holds all the elements together!! May this week be a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet photo!!
    I love the colours, patterns and textures you chose....perfect or your photo!
    Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is such a cutie!! Love your gorgeous layout Lynette and the way you used the circle die cut to connect all of the elements on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First, I have to say: What an adorable little one! Second: WOW! WOW! WOW!!!! This page is incredible. What a piece of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning - I especially like the font on that title.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is sooooo precious! Love your photo, love your styling and design! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love the depth you've created in your background, Lynette! That stencil work looks amazing & I think I need to add it to my stash! lol Beautiful work & gorgeous photo <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥