Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

You make me happy when skies are grey - CSI 107 - and counting gifts

I have given myself a birthday present this week...and only worked one day this week.  That means that I had time to catch up with design team assignments and play along with the latest Color Story Inspiration case file.  I am still working hard at diminishing my stash.  This is the second year that I will not be buying patterned papers.  Whenever I start going through my stash for little embellishments for the latest Case File, I am surprised at what I find...and that is a little bit scary too.

I kept it very simple.  Here is the layout I made based on the Case File:
 Supply list:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: Yellow daisy- K&Co, Echo Park (Victoria Gardens); Flowers: Prima; Flair: Basic Grey; Heart brad: Making Memories; Word stickers: My Minds Eye; Mini Brads: no idea; Other: Gel medium, Kaisercraft stencil, Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder; Silhouette Cameo for the card title.

The case file:

 How I solved the case file:

The colours: All used

The Evidence: Flowers, badge, heart, raindrops in the title card, wet medium (gel medium used with embossing powder)mini brads, long title.

The Testimony: I scattered some journal words. My journaling reads: Netjie, you truly make me happy when skies are grey. When I feel a bit grey I just need to pick up you and your brother and cousin for an outing...and then my day is so much better. You always manage to lift my spirit. Love you much xx.



 I used the latest My Creative Sketches  sketch.

*****************************************************************
It was my birthday on Tuesday.  We returned from our extended weekend away at Storms River mouth in time to go out to dinner with our children.  I just cannot stop seeing the Lord's grace in my life and counting my blessings.

#93 ~ I am grateful for another year of health and life.

#94 ~ I am blessed to have had this man in my life for the past 35 years.

#95 ~ I am blessed that my children enjoy to spend time with us.  Above is my oldest (and naughtiest) son with his wife.

#96 ~ We are blessed that our younger son is involved in the ministry with us.

#97 ~ My youngest blessing.  My camera shy daughter.

#98 ~ A beautiful venue 

#99 ~ I couldn't have asked for the weather to be more perfect as we sat out on the deck of the restaurant until late into the night.

#100 ~ A coffee date with my Heart Sister on Thursday morning.

Thank you for sharing my journey.
xoxo

24 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Birthday for tuesday, it looks like it was a wonderful day.. lovely photos.. and love your layout, stunning photo of your butterfly!! love the sketch you have used too.. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful love the simplicity of this LO. And stunning pics of yr birthday celebrations. Please don't forget to mail me a copy of the pic. Was so lovely to see u again, sorry it wasn't longer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a wonderful butterfly! Beautiful Page Lynette! Lovely evening with the family - it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your lo!!! Gorgeous colors and loving the flowers!!! And loveeeeee the birthday photos!! That last one of your DD looking over the bay ... that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Lynette! I absolutely love the gorgeous photos that you shared with us! And thanks for sharing God's blessings, too! It looks like you celebrated at such a beautiful place with an amazing view. I bet the best part was sharing your birthday with family. And WOW! I absolutely love your adorable photo and layout. The title is perfect and your take on the sketch wonderful, as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling butterfly face and a gorgeous design to go with it!! The photo is still the center of attention.
    Happy birthday again,...it looks like you had a great one surrounded by your loved ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout Lynette! Fabulous photo and great mix of patterned papers! Gorgeous family! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page Lynette and you certainly look happy and refreshed after your weekend away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Lynette!! Love the different patterned papers matting your photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! Gorgeous page you made with your stash....always feels so good to shrink the pile and making something beautiful in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning layout. Love the layering and colours. Gorgeous family pics - you are so blessed.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, first of all, a belated Happy Birthday! Second, what a gorgeous page! I so admire your resolve to not buy any pp for the second year in a row. I do not have such restraint! LOL Anyway, love your little getaway! I, too, need that peace and quiet that only God can bring .. and so often through nature. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your fun layout and beautiful family, you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!!!

    That's a cute little butterfly you have there! She sparkles (not just the face paint, but her happy personality), and your layout shows that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You never disappoint Lynette! Your work is ALWAYS stunning! I also understand about the over flowing stash! I am always working reduce what I have on hand - sometimes - I swear it multiplies on its own! LOL! You are beautiful with a very lovely family! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I missed it! I'm so sorry! Happy belated birthday to you my friend!!! By the look of your photos you had a wonderful time!!
    LOVING your layout! awesome background and what a beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you and Shayne had time together.

    LOVE that photo.

    Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday for Tuesday Lynette! I hope you had a stunning day, which just overflows into the year! Beautiful photo of you and hubby on your birthday....you look stunning girl! Glad you also had some "me" time and were able to get creative! Love the page of your daughter.....it's such a precious little page! Love the design!
    Great photo's of the family too.....and you certainly are blessed with a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so many blessings in your life. So cool. Love the photos and 35 years is such a long time. I want to reach that point with my husband as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday to you, it looks like you were surrounded with love. Great layout too - darling snap.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to hear that your birthday was a huge blessing. LOVE the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layout.....love the colors, layering, & black mat behind the layers! A perfect combination for the sweet photo! Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful family! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated Birthday! I've been away sorting kids into uni - 2 of them this time - and only just returned. Looks like a fab day was had by all (or evening rather!) & you created such a beautiful layout too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥