Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

You are my Hero - CSI110

Hello there.  This weeks Color Story Inspiration case file is an unusual colour combination and one I don't normally work with.  But that is probably why it is called a challenge...so I took up the challenge and decided to scrap some photos that was taken last year in February in Baviaans Kloof.  Here is my page:

 Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft; Patterned papers: Basic Grey Serenade; Circles and title:  Silhouette Cameo; Jewels: Prima; Other: Gelatos, yellow acrylic paint, Crafters Workshop stencil and embossing paste, feather, burlap.

Here is the case file and the sketch by Em Stafrace:

This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: I used all the colours.

Evidence: Feather, you will find the fringes of the burlap below the photos, pearls, solid background and jewels.

Testimony: I thought I would go with the 3 interesting things about the subject matter...but it became more than three. So here goes. My title is "You are my Hero"...and the journaling is as follows: Wynand invited his father to go camping in Baviaans Kloof, a nature reserve in our area.  Baviaans Kloof is also Wynand's favourite camping destination. On Facebook Wynand's status read: "Wat 'n great tyd saam met my held!!!" (What a great time with my hero). I love the relationship that my sons and their father share.



*****************************************************
On Saturday night we had a BALL ;-)  The Valentines Ball was held at the Summerstrand Hotel and all the food was sponsored by our biggest supporters.  The hall was beautiful, the food magnificent, the sponsored prizes BIG.  We had a lovely evening and it was a wonderful fundraiser.


#149 ~ A Valentines Ball sponsored by two of our biggest supports...W**lies and Summerstrand Hotel.

#150 ~ The love of my life for the past nearly 35 years...my sweet Valentine for everyday.

#151 ~ Dancing the night away in my DH's arms.

#152 ~ In the heat wave we are having I can never be thankful enough for cool dips in our pool.

#153 ~ Watching a rerun of an old movie "Pay it Forward.

#154 ~ Knowing the outcome of the movie and still sobbing when the hero dies.

#155 ~ When you are radically grateful for what you have, you will go to radical lengths to share it. When you are radically grateful for being blessed — you are radically generous to the oppressed. When you are radically grateful, you live out of a place of radical abundance — there’s always more space for more to share the grace. -Ann Voskamp

#156 ~ Waking up next to this sweet little face.

xoxo

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Lynette. Your layout is spectacular and so are the rest of your photos ... I am so happy that the Valentine's Ball went off well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great page Lynette! I loved the composition of circles and color combination! Bal, apparently, was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very impressive layout! Love the circles & color combination and your wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Lynette!! I love the repeated circles and the welded title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love your lo!! LOVING the colors, the photos and the circles!! And gorgeous photos!! LOVING your dress from the ball!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page Lynette, I love the circle cluster over the photo and the colours go well with you pics. Fabulous dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh lovely layout and the sentiment behind it is even more lovely.. love the circle theme.. great photos too

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous dress ... .And a super layout of course. Love the two men sitting at the base of that magnificent tree. Love the circles , makes me think of the circle of life. Super .

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always do the neatest layout! This is just wonderful!! Love the wonderful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that scrap!

    Great that you had such a wonderful Valentine's and that it was a success.
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the CSI challenge, Lynette...you've scrapped those colours beautifully!! I really love all the circles on the page, especially the ones on the centre photo....drawing you into the photo. Lovely work & love your photos, as always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Lynette! I always enjoy your beautiful photos! Love all your circles! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the challenge Lynette! I think you did a great job... love your photos too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the page you did for CSI! Love all the circles and love the special photo's! Really very cool! Such a super sentiment too and awesome that your sons have a good relationship with their father! Lovely photo's of you and hubby and the kids too.....always nice to look back at these and think that life is really very good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout & wonderful documentation of a full life!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥