Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Friendship warms the ♥ - CSI 111

Hello there.  I just want to share the layout I made for the latest Color Story Inspiration (CSI) case file.  I am beginning to think that my Scrapbook addiction have also become a CSI addiction.  I have really come to love the weekly challenges that have me digging through stash for the perfect paper and the perfect embellishment.  I used a photograph of me with Cat and Shayne.  The photo was taken last year when we met up in Durban to spend a week together at Sanlameer.

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill resist; Patterned papers: Fancy Pants (orange and brown), Carolee's creation (pink), Pebbles (pink stripe); Pink Paislee (green); Stickers and brads: My Minds Eye, Heart and flowers: Prima; Alpha stickers: Lily Bee; Title: Silhouette, Hearts: Maya Road; Other: DMC cotton, sequins.

Here is the case file:

Here is how I solved the case:

The Scene: All the colors are there.

Evidence: Polka dots (bazzill resist polka dot background), Wood (heart), stickers (Circle flower and alpha letters, sprinkles (sequins), 3 of something (hearts and little brads at the bottom).

Testimony: I sprinkled the words: "laugh often, talk much, sit long" on the page and used Friendship in my title.  The saying was an actual little heart wall hanging that Shayne bought during our week away. The journaling is as follows: Shayne, Rina and I met each other through blogging. We live hundreds of kilometers apart but have cherished this friendship and made sure to meet each other. We have become firm friends over the years. Last year in May we flew from our different destinations to Durban to spend a week together at Sanlameer. Our friendship is something that I hold dear and are special to me.  We have become closer than sisters.

I used this Sketch Savvy sketch for inspiration:

I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend and had time to recharge and refresh.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. A lovely Page Lynette! feeling a whiff of lung sea breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the sequins and the title/subtitle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you play along with CSI as I love seeing your take on them! One day I will join you! Your photo is so sweet and perfect for the 'scene', beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO! I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS layout!! LOVE the pretty paper and beautiful yummy sequins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do an amazing job with the CSI challenges, Lynette!! Love your beautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, the photos are so special, love that sketch you have used too.. and a busy weekend here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love all of the stitching, flowers, and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Lynette and love the photo and title! Super layering and pieces, and the hand sewing too! I really love the CSI cases too...they really do allow one to use your stash and also push one to try different colours and really think about the themes and journalling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning take on the case file. Love the softness of those flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Real friends are more precious than diamonds and I love that you've created a special page to honour your closeness to these dear ones. Love the quote. You all look so young and beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Lynette! What great photos! Love all the layers and pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning layout Lynette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynette, that's a great page you've made. The dark lettering stands out nicely against the lighter papers, making the message very easy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Lynette! What a beautiful page. I love the sprinkling of confetti at the top. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great page, that second photo adds to much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful layout, Lynette! I love the photo and how you page celebrates friendship! It is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely crisp and clear layout with a warm story behind it. The bold sentiment is so eyecatching and you have used circles again. You have to love those friendly feet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing layout!! I love how you've used the photos with headshots for your main photo and the feet in the sand for the smaller one. Brilliant!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ag hoe sien ek die post nou eers? (Het dit tog op Facebook gesien?)Wat kan ek se - dol lewe! Dis pragtig vriendin, so pragtig. Baie lief vir jou

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely lovely. I can't believe how much I have missed. And missed it I have :( SOrry...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥