Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Charming, Adorable and ever so sweet - Scrap Africa - Counting gifts

I cannot believe that the first month of 2014 is a thing of the past.  That being said, it is time for the sketch reveal on Scrap Africa.  I hope you will joining us and taking part in this challenge this month.  I used a photograph of my man and I taken on Christmas Day.  Here is the layout I made based on the sketch:
Supplies used:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Lost and Found Union Square); Doilies: Little Yellow bicycle; Flowers: Petaloo; Filigree accents: The Paper company; Rub on: Basic Grey; Brads: My Minds Eye; Butterflies: K&Co; Other: Texture Paste; Prima stencil; PanPastels in Red Iron Oxide, Raw Umber and Yellow Ochre.

Here is the sketch by Denise van Heerden that we are using this month:

Some close ups:
 I used the Prima 6x6 bricks stencil and some texture paste. 

 I shaded the bricks with PanPastels through the stencil after the texture paste dried...and set it with artists fixative.

I love this old lines of My Minds Eye's Lost and Found range with it's sparkly glitter.  I added the little dimensional butterflies.

We have a super new sponsor this month, who will be sponsoring us for quite a few challenges and I am super, excited to introduce them.




Molossi is 100% Australian owned and operated, with over Nine years industry experience and access to the much loved paper craft brands and experts.
Molossi is situated in the Hawkesbury region of New South Wales, and our warehouse is located in Wilberforce and open by appointment only.
With the vision, Molossi is committed to sourcing and supplying all your papercraft needs, whilst delivering our own unique products. Our priority is to deliver a prompt and efficient service to our cliental base, to maintain this promise we are listening to what you as the customers are asking and we are always open to suggestion and comments to ensure we uphold this value.

Email: info@molossi.com.au
Wholesale Website: www.molossiwholesale.com.au
Retail Website: www.molossi.com.au

Check out this super prize pack you could win...
One random winner will get to play with these super goodies!


So we really hope this will inspire you to play along, and we really look forward to seeing all your entries.  You have until the 14th Feb (The day of Loooove) to add your entries.


*******************************************
As I journey on... seeing God's grace in my life on a daily basis...
...in the small things
...in the things I take for granted
...in the things that cost nothing
...in the things that are difficult
...in the things that are painful

I realise that I am growing in grace...and as I thank Him for this, my joy becomes full.  “If you want to really see Jesus’ divine beauty, his glory … then make sure you tune your senses to see his grace,” urges theologian John Piper. “That’s what His glory is full of.” 

This little picture touched me deeply:

I once saw a picture of a girl. She’d taken chalk and drawn a picture on the concrete of her mother, so she could see her mother right there. And then she’d taken off her shoes, like she knew it’s all holy ground, and she’d crawled up to where the heart would beat —  and she’d fallen asleep next to a love like that. Her mother drawn all around her.

I believe that in naming the things that I see as grace, as beauty, as blessings and things to be thankful for...as I name them and write them down they become just as real as this drawing became to this little girl.
xoxo

25 comments:

  1. So happy for the new sponsor. Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely sketch and I have actually started it, hopefully I get more time this week to sit and enjoy creating with it! Love your layout, love that photo, and I have heard of that drawing before.. I wish I could take this little girl into my arms and be her mummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love love love love the bricks and the flowers!! And that is one precious photo with that little girl!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like your brickwork as well. And you always give us a little something else to think about to. Bless you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful Page Lynette! A photo ..! saw blog SсrapAfriсa - liked. These bricks texture of pasta I have been associated with the land of Africa. Brads so enliven the page ...
    This picture with little girl touched me deeply.
    What can you say about it? http://irinar2709.blogspot.ru/2014/01/blog-post_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is gorgeous Lynette. Thanks for sharing and I LOVE the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout is beautiful. I love the bricks. Touching photo of the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page!! The colours are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo of the two of you, Lynette! Love how you created the brick pattern on your layout to go along with the sketch! Such a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout of you two! I love the bricks in the background like that - really cool! What a touching photo of the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty layout Lynette! Fab photo! Love the beautiful background and pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. love the brick pattern - you are so clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great scrapping of a photo of you two!
    I read somewhere that that specific picture was staged by a photographer. But the message touches the heart, and makes you think about the special relationship between a mother and child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information Karen. I thought she looked a bit small to be able to draw so well.

      Delete
  14. Oh such a lovely LO and perfect take on the sketch! I love the effect of the bricks. Such a beautiful photo of you and your husband too. Love this photo of the little girl. I like it when a photo makes you really think. This one sends a heartfelt message. When I was in Junior High School, our literature teacher would give us photos that really sent a message and then we would have to write a story inspired by the photo. When I see this photo it makes me want to write a story about what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Love your take on the sketch, the amazing brick pattern, and the old MME paper! Beautiful flowers & doilies.....and, photo of you & DH! Also, thanks for your words of wisdom on your daily journey of seeing God's grace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous layout, Lynette. So much love in this page!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about perspective and the photo of the girl. So touching and thought provoking. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doesn't matter how the photo was done, the message touches the heart

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful design and such creative use of the texture paste. Stunning photo of the two love birds too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the page you created....so beautiful and love the bricks and super photo! ;-) Such a profound picture of the little girl in the chalk drawing...and it is so true as to what you say.....what you acknowledge becomes your life and your reality! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm amazed how many redhead you always put into your layouts. This one is gorgeous ... as always.

    I have s gorgeous giveaway on my blog ... come over and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lynette, I love the little girl in the chalk drawing and the meaning behind it. ♥ And I also want to tell you how much I like your latest layout made for Scrap Africa. The sketch is beautiful and you used it to perfection to make your amazing layout. Thanks for sharing!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those glittery MME papers too! Your page is so sweet and romantic. I like how you made the "bricks" in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynette- This layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you have used that Prima stone mask. It looks really good!! Great layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥