Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

The gift of creativity

For the past three weeks I have not been able to spend time in my craft room.  I seriously needed to get some creativity flowing....so yesterday was a day that I lost myself in paper, glue and scissors...remarkably therapeutic as most of you know.

I struggled to get going and then decided to take the double page sketch that I need to work on for the CREATE magazine's February issue.  It came together slowly.  I am definitely out of practice.  I love how it turned out...but I can only show you little sneaks...as this will only be published in February.  So here goes:



Saturday evening was date night for me and my man.  I love the fact that after 34 years together and many of those years working together as well, we still cherish our moments together. We went down to the beachfront and had supper at the Coachman...overlooking the ocean.  It was a beautiful, balmy night and the food was excellent.

Kobus Jr, Lache and the children are camping at Sundays River and we drove through on Sunday to visit them.

...and I count gifts...

#9 ~ The gift of creativity and beauty
#10 ~ The gift of a love story that lasts and lasts

#11 ~ The way my husband's hand always finds mine

#12 ~ The pleasure of an ice lolly when it is very very hot.

#13 ~ Stefan's giggles as he tries to retrieve an ice block from the floor with his mouth

#14 ~ A refreshing dip in the pool after a work out.

#15 ~  Finding a safe way for Juan to get wet and cool

#16 ~ Seeing how Leane and Dewan becomes more and more independent.

#17 ~ Thank you Lord that Ockert's body had been retrieved and that closure is found.

#18 ~ The sure knowledge that the will of God will never take me where the grace of God will not protect me.   I love this quote by Eugene O'Neill..."Man is born broken.  He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue."

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. I am loving the sneaks and love love love the photos!!! I am glad that his body was recovered so everyone can have the closure they need....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there is closure. I'm sorry you lost a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynette, Love the sneak peek ... Can't wait to see the full page.

    I love your photos and the gifts realised. We take so much for granted ... this is a wonderful way of making us "see" what we have in life.

    I am relieved that Ockert's body was found ... I pray for closure for you, K and the rest of the 'family'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sneak peek! Glad you got a chance to create again. Your date night spot looks amazing! Closure will be able to begin now that Ockert's body is home. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful picture, I see a great time with family, grandchildren and beloved husband!!! However, the heat is you!... We as no surprise, this winter yet, even there is no snow)))
    I'm glad you were able at this time to make the layout will wait to see it completely.
    I am relieved that Ockert's body was found)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the gift! Thanks for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun times. Lovely pictures. Thank God for closure

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you have found some time to create.. I believe we were made to create.. we are women after all!! Your layout looks lovely, and the photos are confirmation of the many blessings in your life.. we all have so much to be thankful for.. the first one being the love of God in our lives, and then the love we find in family.. I pray you all will find comfort and closure too in the loss you have had this last week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post Lynette! Love your layout and all the precious photos! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got to fit in some creative time, Lynette!! Love your sneaks and can't wait to see the full reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these photos and that layout looks amazing!!

    I desperately need to get creative as well - hoping for next week when kids are back at school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL....I had to smile when I saw your post! I have been working with the very same collection, at the very same time as you! ;-) I am glad you were able to scrap and find some creative time! It's such a great "out" and just allows one to expend energy in such a great way! ;-) Love your gift counting and you certainly have some wonderful gifts! Have a super day today and look forward to seeing that double page in it's entirety soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is truly amazing ...
    Love the sneak peek, cant wait to see the bigger picture.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥