Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Ten thousand reasons for my heart to sing

The thing we do when we hit the wall.
The thing we do when we don't have the answers.
The thing we do when we grieve.
The thing we do when there is no other way.
We run into Him....and we praise Him.



We don't praise Him for what we want from Him.  
We simply praise Him for Who He is.  
We praise Him because we love Him.
We praise Him because He is our only Hope...the ALL SUFFICIENT ONE....the Comforter.

Last night we had a praise and worship service at the Mission.   We praised Him with tears rolling down our cheeks....and slowly the heaviness lifted and He filled us with joy unspeakable. Towards the end of the service my brave, strong husband stood up and he spoke to these precious people that have become so much part of our lives.  I watched this man of mine and my heart wanted to burst.  He was speaking from a heart so filled with the love of God that the love spilled from his mouth and from his eyes.  I watched as he clenched his jaw to keep his emotions under control...and that made me cry.  He spoke words of encouragement and words of love and hope.  Words of second chances.  Words of choices to be made....

....and I count gifts.

#5 ~ the gift of running into God when we have no other way.

#6 ~ the gift of praising the only One who can comfort us

#7 ~ the gift of seeing the Father's heart in my husband...and seeing that it is a love that overflows that is poured into his heart...a love that gives and gives and gives.

#8 ~ the gift of praying for those who are dazed and devastated...of being there.

We ended off with a song by Matt Redman - 10 000 Reasons (to bless the Lord). These are the lyrics without the chorus:


The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore


So I want to echo this "For all Your goodness I will keep on singing....Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Lynette, these are very comforting words and you have all the more reason to treasure your wonderful husband.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and comforting.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless the Lord Oh my soul, oh my soul... worship His Holy Name.. sing like never before Oh my soul.. and worship His Holy Name.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dit klink asof julle 'n ongelooflike diens gehad het gisteraand. Ek love dit wanneer God so met mens praat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it was an amazing and beautiful service!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself Lynette...you are in my thoughts and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worship his Holy Name......beautiful! Praying for all of you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn...it is prayers that keep is going.

      Delete
  8. Praying for you all. I have often found comfort in the song "Never Once Did I Ever Walk Alone" from the same album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praising the Lord always, always brings peace.

      Delete
  9. Nice. I guess if we search deep enough there's always always a reason or more to praise The Lord

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my! There's nothing like Praise and Worship to lift that spirit of heaviness! And Lynette, to see your hubby like that - is there anything better?

    I'm so enjoying your gifts list!

    PS I found a copy of Ann Voskamp's 1000 gifts devotional at CUM books for R50 on the weekend and bought it - you're now inspiring me to start that one this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing my husbands heart always gives me leaky seams.

      I am so glad that you found Ann's book and I hope that you will be inspired to count gifts this year.
      xx

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing Lynette. This is a tough time for you all. Wishing you God's comfort

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Lynette! I just posted my word for 2014: Joy! I see a lot of it here as well! Hope you have a great 2014! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a joyous year Karen.

      Delete
  13. my FAVOURITE song! 10 000 and 10 000 MORE!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10000 gifts to count...10000 reasons why I will always praise Him.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥