Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sunshine - CSI#104 - My Minds Eye

Hello dear friends....so I have had time to breathe deeply, relax and spend some time playing with paper, glue, paint and photos.  Yesterday I made a page for the latest Color Story Inspiration challenge.  The colour scheme is awesome and I took a lot of photos on Christmas day that just goes very well with the colours.  I used a photo of darling little Stefan playing on the jungle gym in our back yard.  Here is my page:

Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Find your wings and fly); Chipboard panel and title:  Blue Fern Studios; Bird diecut: K&Co; Brads, buttons and enamel dots and lace:  My Minds Eye;  Other:  Prima circles template; Shimmerz Texturez (Tidy Widy).

A couple of close ups:
Love the little birds on the corner of the photo.
I painted the "sunshine" title with white acrylic paint.
Two tiny silver hearts on the corner of the photo.

The case file:
This is how I solved the case:

Scheme: All the colours are there

Evidence: Frame (I used a Blue Fern panel to frame the photo, birds (the die cut as well as the one button), polka dots (on the paper as well as the arrows), hearts (on the corner of the photo), paint (textured as masked), silver metal hearts, yellow lace.

Testimony: I used the Inspiration word Sunshine as my title and the journalling on the back of the layout is the words from the song: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey.

I used this very cool sketch by Em Stafrace:

In my devotional this morning I read these wise words by Julian of Norwich: "The highest form of prayer is to the goodness of God...God only desires that our soul cling to Him with all of its strength, in particular, that it clings to His goodness. For of all the things our minds can think about God, it is thinking upon His goodness that pleases Him most and brings the most profit to our soul."   ...and then I read Ann Voskamp's blog and I read this:

"Gratitude is not only a response to God in good times — it’s ultimately the very will of God in hard times. Gratitude isn’t only a celebration when good things happen. It’s a declaration that God is good no matter what happensThis is brazen. In a cynical world, this is blatant and bold and subversive. This is TruthThe best artists discipline themselves to practice their art. The best life artists practice the discipline of gratitude — which makes their life art. It is an aching miracle — how true masterpieces are always painted in the dark."
...and I have no other choice but to count the gifts that He gives everyday:
#25 ~ the first cup of coffee in the morning
#26 ~ Cuddling with Stefan in bed
#27 ~ Hearing His voice in crashes of thunder
#28 ~ The pitter patter of rain against the windows
xoxo

23 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love that photo, the colors, the chevrons and all the circle elements!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous boy in a gorgeous layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see you had a little bit of me time. Your page is just awesome with so many little details to feast on (as always). Love the little piece of crocheting in there.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. He's growing up too fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear little Stefan has such a cheeky, sweet face, I bet he can be quite mischievous! Your page has beautiful papers and I love the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful page, Lynette...and the photo is just gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch & case, with all the little added bits & bobs.....brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It's perfect Lynette! Page surprising transmits sunny and a joyful mood! bubbles texture of pasta makes the page by more air. I like it ....!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page...the papers are perfect for this colour challenge and the smiling face makes the whole thing shine with happiness. Love the little birds chatting on the bottom corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and sweet photo, Lynette!! Love how you worked with the color scheme!! And thank you for sharing your devotion, something I needed to remember today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo in that beautiful layout, what sweet papers, love that sketch and love the wise words on the bottom of this post... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty, lovely paper and sweet elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your beautiful layout and inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, those words strike hard. It's absolutely true.
    Love the things that you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous layout Lynette! Love the sweet photo and mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute photo of little Stefan! I really like your page, too. Some of my favorite details are the layered banner pieces and the scattered round elements in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable page! Love that cute photo of course, but also love the fabulous colors and designs you used here!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet, sweet page and so love what you have done with it! Love the great photo's embellies and design! I cannot believe that we used the same collection, as well as the same sketch. (that reminds me that I must go and mention that...oooops)....so we were certainly on the same wavelength with this one! A really fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh this is just absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely - my eye was caught by the upper left hand corner. Love the texture there! It's a very pretty page, Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous layout!!! And again, simple blessings which we sometimes overlook.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!! Love all of the amazing detail and the adorable photo of Stefan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥