Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Joy is given....never grasped.

Hallo dear ones,   Ockert's body was found after 5 days in the sea.  K, his right hand man and our social worker had to go and identify him.  Identification was impossible, they could only identify him from the clothing that he wore...forensics had to determine that it was really him.  We prayed afterward that the image would be erased from their minds. Yesterday we had a memorial service for Keanan (aged 18) and Ockert (aged 23). We will always remember them the way they were and rejoice that they are now with Jesus.

I have shared my word for this year with you.  Eucharisteo - grace, thanksgiving and joy.  I really want this journey to be life changing...or else it would just be a waste of precious time.  I want this eucharisteo to become my culture.

During my devotions I read this from Philippians 4: 11-12: "I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little."    I realise that this is the secret to living joy in every situation.  I have to learn it...I have to practice it.   I know I need to learn to see God in the small details, in the small moments, in the beauty and in the hurts of life. If I want it to be my culture...it needs to be cultivated.   I found this cool image of what "cultivate" means.
If I read this correctly...there is going to have to be a lot of learning.

CS Lewis said it like this:  "If you think of this world as a place intended simply for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place of training and correction and it's not so bad."  

By now you have probably noticed that my blogging will take a different format this year.  I am committed to cultivate a life of knowing the grace of God, giving Him thanks and receiving His joy.  I want to keep myself accountable and don't know of a better way than to journal my journey here.  I will still continue to share my creative journey all mixed into this.  I have never been able to live my life fragmented and compartmentalized.  My faith life is the very essence of who I am....and I continue to count my gifts...

#19  ~ The gift of life

# 20 ~ The very breath that I breathe.

#21  ~ Hearing the song of a turtle dove during early morning devotions

#22  ~ Falling asleep to the song of crickets

#23 ~  Waves crashing onto the beach

#24 ~  Dappled sunlight through leaves

xoxo

18 comments:

  1. I will look forward to reading and being inspired by your posts this year.. cultivate also feels like it has to do with work.. we have to use effort for results.. I trust this will be a year marked with great growth in our Lord...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy...I am committed to this journey...I want it to change me. I want to live eucharisteo...so that people can see Jesus in me.

      Delete
  2. I am so very sorry for the loss of Ockert, but glad that his body was found. I absolutely love the quote you shared by C.S. Lewis and is what I needed to see today. Thank you, dear friend, for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon...now that the memorial was held...we can go on knowing that they have gone to be with the Lord...that in itself brings much peace.

      Delete
  3. I am SO glad their bodies were found but not that those are the images they have of them, so good for praying about that.

    I actually love the word cultivate. It talks to me of tending and being intentional and that is exactly what you're being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marcia...we do these difficult words choose me. I have this feeling that it is going to be a challenging year.

      Delete
  4. That quote from CS Lewis is just beautiful ... thank you for sharing it!! And praying for all at the Mission to find peace during this time of loss....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynette, Jesus is so very visible in you! I have always seen Him in the pages that you share as your creativity is intertwined with His love. You are an inspiration to me and I look forward to travelling this road with you this year and seeing how you share your growth with us.

    Thank you for being you!!!! You are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the body was found but breaks my heart to know what they have been going through, and the healing process, they are so fortunate to have you to lead Lynette, do take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your losses :( That is so terribly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tuesday must have been a tough day for all but I hope that closure, peace and acceptance will follow for all, in time.
    Thanks for this post today, it really does tie in so much to my word for 2014. It's amazing how if one really embraces the word that more of it comes to you...and I can see this happening for you too! Be blessed today Lynette! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynette, there are so much inspiration here and a reminder that there is so much to be thankful for in this life, even just the sound of crickets at night.Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear the man who was missing in the sea did not make it. Prayers & hugs to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that they found him - at least it's some closure too. Really enjoyed this post and looking forward to following your "learning curve" this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So relieved that O's body was found. I also LOVE the word CULTIVATE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Said a small prayer for all who loved Keanan and Ockert, That's a wonderful graphic on cultivate - another reminder that we need to be purposeful about how we spend our time. And well timed for me to see it on Monday. Thanks Lynette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ai Lynette how did I miss this? Must have been on the farm with no reception or on the road. So sorry. And love your owrd and attitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think nothing of it my dear friend. I know you were travelling and then very busy in anticipation of school and work starting. xxx

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥