Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Counting gifts when it is hard

This morning the prayer of my heart was "Your grace Lord and courage to get through this day."
Yesterday was a day that passed in a daze and many tears.  
Our Mission family are devastated by what happened.  
The ones that were saved from the sea and survived are numb.
Seeing and hearing the news...all twisted....on the radio and television....heart breaking.

....and in this I am searching for joy and counting gifts that will number at least 1000 this year.

#1  ~  My first gift of the Joy Dare.  A photo sent to me by an old school friend. A photo taken by her daughter as the sun came up on 2014.  On the beach where the two young men drowned just a few hours later.  Thank you Lord for the beauty of yesterday morning.

#2 ~ The joy of knowing that both Keanan and Ockert were sons of the Most High God and that they are now with Him.

#3 ~ Experiencing the love and care of friends who have gathered around us in comfort and prayer.

#4 ~  Knowing that Jesus flattens that mountain before you with His Grace: The Lord will Provide. With enough strength. With enough wisdom. With More Than Enough of Himself.

We continue to pray that Ockert's body will be recovered and provide the much needed closure.

xoxo

16 comments:

  1. You are all in my thoughts.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you so much love and strength. Yes the news and news articles also annoy me but remember sensationalism sells newspapers. As long as you no the truth that is all that matters and as they say hindsight is lovely. It is very easy to go back and say what should have been done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all in our prayers. Thanking you for your honesty & vulnerabilty - it moves us deeply. Your caring is incredible. May your year be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you love and prayers at this difficult time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and prayers to you and the entire Mission family.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with the Mission family at this time. So tragic. May the Lord embrace their entrance into his Eternal Kingdom. I will pray for an incredibly blessed year for you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Thank you for being a spiritual sister to me.

      Delete
  7. and I pray for you and all touched by this tragedy that His grace will give you strength and courage to get through this difficult time and will bring healing. He is more that enough ♥
    it is a big blessing to know where they are now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad...we never know when it will be our last sunrise, do we?
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living life to the full...as if there won't be another...and being at peace with our Creator. That is the only way.

      Delete
  9. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Mission, Lynette.
    Thank you for always leaving kind comments on my blog.
    May 2014 be a blessed year for you and your family.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be thinking of you, big hug once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such terrible news when I saw your FB update. And it doesn't comfort those left behind but at least the two of them are with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, such sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear of this devasting news! Know my thoughts and prayers are with you, praying for peace that surpasses our understanding be granted to you all. My heart aches for you and your mission family. I popped on to wish you a blessed New year and just hated to see this and it seems a tad hard to find joy at times like this but please know my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you at this time and throughout the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥