Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

You Light up my Life - CSI 100

Since we started the LTS course at the Mission my poor hubby hasn't been on the golf course once.  He is having serious withdrawal symptoms.  Yesterday afternoon he booked a round of golf and the course had already filled up and he had to be ready to tee off at 7:20 this morning. That gave me time to catch up on blogs and play along with the latest challenge on CSI - Color Story Inspiration.  Go and check out the awesome inspiration on the link.  I just love digging through my stash to find that perfect paper and embellishment that will work with the challenge.  Here is my page:

Supplies used:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned papers:  Scenic Route, Basic Grey, Studio Calico, My Minds Eye; Lamp:  Echo Park (Victoria Gardens); Blooms:  Prima, Petaloo; Alphabets:  American Crafts Thickers and Making Memories tiny alphas, Border: Prima; Trim:  Prima; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Circle frame:  Silhouette Cameo; Other:  Star template by Prima, Texture paste, Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing powder (Magic moon pearls).

I used a photo K took of me and Leane recently.  After layering the papers I decided to cut the vine circle frame to frame the photo.

A mix of Prima and Petaloo blooms over a yellow Prima trim and a little bit of yellow enamel dots.

I stenciled the stars with texture paste then sprinkled with embossing powder and heat it with my heat gun to come up all glossy.

I have stacks of American Craft thickers and it is good to get stuck into it.  I mixed up alpha's for the title.

Here is CSI case file 100:
Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours are used.

Evidence:  Stripes, stars, a circle frame around the photo, streetlamp, border.

Testimony:  I used the Title: You Light up my Life. My Journaling is a Albert Schweitzer quote: "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the circle frame, the stars and the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Gorgeous Page! It is full of of love and tenderness! really like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quote that you chose for this sweet page, Lynette.

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Lynette and I love the stars idea with the embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lynette this is beautiful! Great job on that palette. It was a tough one and you nailed it! Love that photo and those embossed stars are terrific! Yes, CSI is the spot to hang out when you want to fall in love with your stash all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! I love how beautiful you two look together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new favorite!! Gorgeous photo of the two of you, and the mix of Yellow, Black and Gray is so beautiful! And I love the way you wrapped the twine around the Thickers! Such a fun idea, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is gorgeous.. love the colors love the journalling around the page too.. and that circle vine just pulls it all together beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning - that wrap-around vine is fab! And that photo is fab as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the layering, colors, and the vine frame around the beautiful photo of you and Leane. Neat journaling around the edge.....a very special layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous page! Beautiful result with the stars and I love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your page!!! l am away with my group of girl and did and of your pages which l will post next week . You inspire me! Thank You !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photo of the 2 of you, Lynette! And wow. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! I just love everything here. It emits JOY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to solve the case! Amazing use of your embellishments .. and what a fab photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every time I comment on your layouts I feel like a stuck record ... they're always so gorgeous. The vine circle is just such an elegant touch ... I'm in awe.

    Hope your week is wonderful
    Wendy
    Simply Sassy Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this page Lynette...love that circle leaf die and the gorgeous photo! Love those black blooms too, which just pop off your page! Really stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful with such an unusual colour combo. The lamp post is a nice touch and its a precious photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Great job rocking the challenge! Love the wreath around your beautiful photo and the stars add great dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh WOW - this is one amazing page - totally brilliant take on those beautiful colours!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥