Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The last post of 2013 (photo heavy)

Can you believe that this is the last day of 2013?
We will never be able to have a second of what has passed back.
Only memories remain.
I hope that you have good memories.
That you captured loads of memories through the lens and with the pen.

Here are some of the memories of Christmas spent with my favourite people in the world.
 Christmas eve was spent with Kobus Jr and his family.
 We arranged for Father Christmas (Santa) to hand out the gifts to the children
 Ouma Ansie (my mom) also sat on Santa's lap ;-)
 Stefan was scared of the man with the white beard.
 He and Juan preferred dancing on the table.

Christmas lunch was at out home
 My purple haired girl blowing bubbles for the little ones to catch.
 Sweet child of mine.
 Another sweet child of mine.
 How come it is always the cheapest gifts that give the most pleasure
 I am very happy with the memories I managed to capture.
 So blessed to have these little ones in my life
 Sitting and watching the little ones antics.
 Wynand and Nadia
 Me and my love
 The pool was the main attraction
 Leane...free falling
 Yummy cold meats and salads under the Lapa
 Juan is such a busy child...this is one of the few photos that wasn't just a blur.
 Wynand entertaining the kids in the pool
 Kobus Jr and Lache
 Bianca and Wynand
 Leane dared Wynand to jump from the rocks.
 Soft hearted Lukas...
 ...and his cousin Dewan
 Much fun was had by all
 My little wild one
 Giving his mom a heart attack around the pool
 Love this one
I guess this two little ones will still get into all kinds of mischief together.

I am going to be honest with you and tell you that I haven't read any blogs for the past two weeks.  My reader was overflowing and so very overwhelming that I marked all posts as "read".  I have had to make a decision lately that I will comment on the blogs of those who leave some love on mine...or else it all just becomes too time consuming.  

I wish you a wonderful New Years Eve and will be back again tomorrow to share my word for 2014.

xoxo

26 comments:

  1. I LOVE ALL YOUR PHOTOS! Seems the good weather was down in PE this year and we had the rain!

    Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014 to you and your beautiful family, Lynette.

    I go through a regular decluttering of sorts....(with blogs) some I always comment on, some I sometimes comment on and others I just read to read. But they're sorted like that in my reader and I don't mind marking all as read in the "reading" category - when I'm behind I may read 5 blogs and then comment on the last one of that batch, that type of thing :) Helps keep me sane. I'm going back to work on the 6th so it's going to have to be strong boundaries again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having fantastic summer weather. I intend reading back on my "everyday read" blogs as they come up in Bloglovin. I just don't need the stress os seeing so many unread posts...it makes me feel guilty.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful way to end 2013. Happy 2014 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo's as always Lynette and everyone looked so content and happy. Hope your New Year celebrations are as wonderful and all my blessing to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both our sons are on vacation so tonight it will just be us. We will have a braai and a quiet evening.

      Delete
  4. Your photos are beautiful, Lynette...as is your family. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas day. Thanks so much for sharing them with us, and happy new year to your and yours...I hope 2014 brings all you dreamed for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun times for all!! LOVING the photos!! Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had the most amazing Christmas. Loved seeing all the photos!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos, so full of warm memories! Have a blessed 2014 my friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful holiday - full of fun for little ones and big ones alike. I am a little jealous that it looks so warm. And don't feel bad about marking everything as read - I do that every time my reader fills up to over 999 posts - like just last week. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you in the New Year - I hope it is a blessed one for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely family. May 2014 be a wonderful year.

    Ps: I mark all as read quite often in my reader but will still comment on the blogs I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic family photos! Have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos and it looks like an amazing time was had by all. Summer for Christmas day always makes me chuckle. Just the Canadian girl in me. ;) Your backyard looks like so much fun and the grandchildren must love it!! Happy New Year Lynette! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine a cold white Christmas. Our garden was designed with the grandchildren in mind. We want them to nag their parents to bring them to us. xxx

      Delete
  12. Christmas in the summer ... it's unusual for me))) but looking at your photos, it's very fun and a great Christmas did you have such a large family!!
    Let 2014 bring much joy to your family! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all of your beautiful family photos, especially the one of you & your DH! Glad that I stopped by your bog today......wanting you to read my exciting news! Bless you & your family in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, I am excited about all the new prospects in your life.

      Delete
  14. LOVE your pics. Wishing you a happy and BLESSED 2014, my beautiful friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my darling friend. Wishing you so much peace, joy and love.

      Delete
  15. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you.. loved the photos.. family is everything and your grandies are adorable.. May you find many blessings come your way this year.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are always amazing. Looks like fun was had by all ~ Just the way Christmas should be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos Lynette! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous family...gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What sweet photos! Love your garden & play area!! Such a kiddies haven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love all the photos in the post. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photo's Lynette and you have a gorgeous family! The children are just too sweet! So great that you had good weather at Christmas as we had a very cool and rainy day in Johannesburg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥