Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Playful - Scrap Africa - Prima

It is the first day of December and time for the Scrap Africa sketch reveal.   This is the sketch we are using this month.  It lends itself to using some awesome wet mediums and get your hands real dirty.


Here is my take on the sketch:
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Prima  (Flights of Fancy);  Photostrip:  Creative Imaginations;  Heart Doily: Royal Lace;  Flowers:  From my stash; Title and leaves:  Silhouette Cameo;  Brads:  My Minds Eye.  Other:  texture paste and Lindy's Stamp Gang Starbursts in Autumn Maple Crimson and Cocoa Bean Copper.

I decided to adapt the sketch to fit two 3.5 x 5 inch photos showing the energy of my granddaughter Leane.
The title was cut with the Silhouette Cameo.  I used some Ultramine Blue Tint PanPastel to give the white doily a blue tinge.
The Silhouette cut leaves, a few flowers and a few brads complete the picture.

Well we certainly hope you will play along and that we have inspired you to scrap away at our sketch.

As always we have some goodies for a random winner.
Here are the goodies for for this sketch challenge.


You have until 14 Dec to upload your projects.

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful take on the sketch. I love this original sketch. Love your Cameo cuts and that Prima background paper is one of my faves from long ago. Sweet photos of your little sweetie. Congrats on doing so amazingly well with using up your stash! You have really stuck with it. It must feel so great. I can appreciate how hard it is to do. ;) I am starting to feel overwhelmed again with stuff. Urggh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what a great page to showcase these great photos. Just looking at it, I can feel your granddaughter's joy. And I think that creating this pretty, feminine page probably brought you lots of joy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous movement in your paint effects, goes so well with the lovely photo's. Hope you are having a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch Lynette! and the photos are just perfect!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty....love your interpretation of the sketch! The paint effect is gorgeous and I love the photo mounts! Another super layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! I love love love those photos, the misting and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Totally loving this! The paper are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a lovely take on the sketch, love the photos, and love the flowers and leaves under the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I would not know where to begin to use all of the mediums. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout, gorgeous colours & love your mixed media techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty layout Lynette! Love the fun photos and beautiful blossoms! That heart doily looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Page, Lynette! I like the wonderful pictures - your granddaughter lovely mischievous child! I really liked how you have interpreted sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout, Lynette....your cluster along the bottom of the photos is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous Lynette! Love the way you picked up the Pink and Blue from your photos, in the paper color and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page Lynette! I love that title, the soft colours, your background and the sweet photo's! Love this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥