Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

My family...the greatest gift.

I haven't been very active in the cyber world.  This is due to a number of things that are just overwhelming me at the moment.

  • Things are hectic at the mission.  Why the need is always greater at this time of year is beyond me.  Maybe it is just that people don't want to be alone during the festive season.
  • The audit of our books are still ongoing :(
  • The loss of the greatest president of our time, Nelson Mandela.  
This past weekend I spent some time just catching my breath and being creative.  It is always medicine to my soul when I am playing with paint, paper and glue.  I often start with an ending in my minds eye that never materializes...but I am better once I have lost myself in just doing what I love so much.

I finished two pages this weekend.  Both for Color, Story Inspiration.  I love working with photos of my precious children and grandchildren.  I love digging into my stash and finding what I need for the different challenges.  I am proud to say that this year I have been on a scrappy diet.  I made up my mind at the beginning of the year to only buy cardstock, glue and tools.  I have to admit that my stash has diminished remarkably.  

Here is my layout for the latest challenge:  CSI 102
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Little Yellow Bicycle (Babysaurus and Snuggle Bug)  Orange owl paper: Dream street papers:  Circles cut with Silhouette on Silhouette chipboard, Dinosaurus, circles and CUTE title:  Little Yellow Bicycle (Babysaurus); Gold stars: stash; Tree: Pebbles; Quote: Kaisercraft; Other:  Gesso and a stencil.

Casefile 102:


Some close ups:
Gorgeous little Juan.  Just look at those eyes.
He is indeed a little cutie.
Some doodling, circles and gold stars.

I used a Prima stencil and gesso to create some texture.

My page for Case file 101
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Holly Jolly and Follow your heart)  Echo park (Walk in the Park);  Heart :  Maya Road; Black glitter: Doodlebug; Buttons and Brads:  My Minds Eye; Butterfly:  K&Co; Rubons:  Daisy D's and Kaisercraft;  Silver embellies:  Making Memories; Other: Stencil, Texture paste and paint.

Case file 101:

Some close ups:
The photo is a selfie taken by my daughter-in-law.  I tried to keep the embellishments simple.
Love the button border.
I matted all my patterned papers with black cardstock.  I love how it turned out.

I hope you had a good weekend...if you are in South Africa...a LONG weekend.  I hope to catch up on my blog reading soon.

xoxo

28 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning layouts Lynette. You are just so talented and creative. So love how the circle strips around the precious photo on the first gives lovely movement to the design and your second layout is just so eye catching with the awesome photo of children and grand bambino. Wishing you strength for the workload thats on your plate at the mission xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to read that things are not good at the mission. I hope it takes a turn for the better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marleen,, things are good at the Mission. We are just inundated with people in need. We can only help so many people and it is incredibly hard to send people away. There is no way that we would ever be able to meet the needs of everybody in need.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lynette these pages are stunning! I love how you used that awesome dinosaur paper for the background. CSI must be loving having you play along. Congrats on your scrappy diet!! You nailed it!! It has been a lot of fun seeing you use all of your stash all year long. The old stuff still is just as wonderful as when we first bought it! I have been thinking of you lots this last week as we watch all of the coverage of Nelson Mandela's passing. He was a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, it makes me so sad that what he stood for isn't honored by his party anymore. It has become all about greed, power struggles and oppression once more.

      I am still playing with the idea of having another year of "no buying" of new papers. I still have so much stuff.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous pages - as usual! l can see another scrap lift In my immediate future. I think it IS crucial every once In a whi? to go On a scrap py diet- I am going to do that for the first 6 month of 2014 ... I have so much patterned paper In my stash that l am sure all I will need is glue and cardstock.

    I am sending prayers to you for this time of year at the mission - I understand how difficult it must be to turn people away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need another year of "no buying" before I will feel better about buying new stuff. Thank you for the prayers. It is hard to send people away...if they have children it just breaks my heart.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous layouts! Juan - a wonderful little fellow! I loved the texture on the page and color is very adequate for Malyshkovym page. The second page I liked even more - it looks very spectacular black border.
    I also saddened by the news of the death of Nelson Mandela. May God grant you a lot of strength to work in the Mission!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are great!
    It is a mad time of year! Hope all will quieten down this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to also get like that, Lynette, and one day I was reminded that I am not God; I'm just His vessel. I know that doesn't help your earthly heart that bleeds for people (and oh Lord, how we need more merciful people like you to feel the compassion of God for His people) but you can only do what you can do.

    XXXX

    PS I read your email in my inbox almost daily :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai Marcia...we ask the Lord to break our hearts for what breaks His and then we cannot handle the pain. I am so glad that my message meant something to you. I continue to pray into your situation.

      Delete
  8. I hope things go well with the audit, and I hope that the holiday season is better for the people at the mission! I Love love love your pages!! They are soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING those circles on the first one!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pages! The kind that just makes the heart happy! It seems that you are getting more scrapping done than I ... been kind of crazy around here. I'm sure that things are busy at the mission but that can be a good thing for the Kingdom. May God strengthen you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI.. Yes it is a busy time of the year all round I think.. so glad you got some scrappy time in.. these 2 layouts are really lovely.. great designs and special photos too.. have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did for both of the Case Files, Lynette! The circles on your first page are so fun and I love the mix of Green and Blue on your second page!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are just beautiful, Lynette. Love the colors and the paper too. And I can tell you that the world is mourning with you for the lost of great leader! : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirsty, he was amazing and he made such an impact worldwide with his humility, love and forgiveness. When I saw his name on the Eiffel Tower and it being lit by the colors of your country's flag I just burst into tears.

      Delete
  13. Such beautiful work, Lynette. The first one is adorable and you have really captured that breezy nautical feel in your second layout. Lovely!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What gorgeous layouts! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow these are seriously magical , love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 beautiful pages! The first one is so very cute and love your take on the sketch! Love that texture stencilling too! The second also just gorgeous and love the photo, along with the super design! Gorgeuos work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a very busy time! We're so lucky to have this little hobby :) LOVING your pages especially the second one! And your pages are proof you don't need new collections to create fabulous projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layouts! Love all the layers, texture and sweet photos as always :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful pages!! Just love the second one especially!! Wow it really is the silly season - think we are all online less as a result - always such a stressful, busy time...Happy Christmas to you my friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these and the beautiful pictures you have scrapped. You definitely do have a lovely family and I am sure they are delighted to end up on one of your pages ;-) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The photos are just precious ... the layouts always Stunning stunning stunning - ummm I have about 3 years worth of supplies (now they're all old though) ... cough splutter, hiding under the desk. Just lacking the oomph ... heck, I'm lacking oomph across the specter of my life right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥