Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Together Forever - Scrap Africa

The latest challenge has gone live on the Scrap Africa blog.  Today's challenge is "White with a pinch of" and is about creating a project that is 90% white and 10% any other colours.  I got out my Silhouette Cameo and set about creating a white on white background.  Here is my layout:
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Worldwin, Bazzill; Patterned paper:  Pink paisley.  Doily from my stash; Chipboard hearts:  Maya Road; Beads around doily: American Craft iPop Microbeads; Flower:  Prima; Enamel dots:  My Minds Eye.  Other:  Crushed coral Texturez and Neocolor II Watersoluble crayons.

Some close ups:
I cut the 8 cards to give some dimension to my background.  I also cut the branch with the Silhouette and painted the hearts and dipped it in red glitter before "hanging" them from the branch.

I added some glossy accents around the edge of the doily and then covered it with tiny microbeads.  I also found the hessian in my stash and added it behind the photo for some more texture.

I stencilled some Crushed Coral Texturez by Shimmerz through the whimsical hearts template and then just edge the one side with some dark pink Neocolor crayon before dabbing it with a wet paintbrush.  The little leafy swirl is also cut with the silhouette.

I finished it off with this simple Silhouette cut title.  

Here is the photo that you can use for inspiration:

We hope you are inspired by the beautiful layouts made by the Design Team and really look forward to seeing what you create!

As always we also have some goodies up for grabs. A random winner will win these goodies to play with.

The first prize pack
                                                      


and one more lucky winner will have the 2nd one:


You have until 30 November to submit your projects.

To boost your chances for the giveaway prizes, please like our FaceBook page and also upload your project on our FaceBook page, as well as on the Link Up! This will get you 2 entries into the prize draw! ;-)

17 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and love love love the hearts!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love the tone on tone background for subtle gorgeous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful design. Love the little hanging hearts on the branch.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page on whitea background! Interesting idea with the cut out figures. Hearts are beautiful! You two marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that would be a tough challenge and you nailed it! :) Love the little white cards to add dimension. The small touches of pink are perfect. A lovely page and wonderful photo of you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok you have totally inspired me! I was stuck on a DT sketch for December and your darling little branch with the hearts is just the thing I need. I also love all the little cut cards too (future reference material!!!) Thanks for sharing and inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phenomenal layout Lynette!! Full of all things wonderful to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Lynette!! I love the White on White with the cards you cut on the Cameo! And the micro beads you added around the edge of the doily looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Lynette! I love all the various background designs! The little dangling hearts look darling! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful.. love the photo and love your textures on the back ground!! those flowers really pop on the page too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an absolutely stunning layout Lynette and of course I just LOVE the subjects!!!! You guys are an inspiration!!!! and so is your page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your die-cut background is so unique, subtle and yet powerful !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet page Lynette! Love that little branch, with the hearts hanging off and the super diecut background! Super photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW WOW WOW, beautiful layout, I love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautful!!! Love the background with the white frames and the pink hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this one! Beautiful photo and layout. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥