Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

So many reasons why I love you - Scrap Africa - My Minds Eye (The sweetest thing)

Hi friends, another month of 2013 is over and it is time for the November sketch challenge on Scrap Africa.    Please visit the blog and see the beautiful layouts made by the design team. This time I used photos of Leane with Benji (Lukas pony)  Here is my layout:

 Supply list:  Cardstock:  Canson, Bazzill; Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye Sweetest Thing; Title, brads, flower doily and enamel dots:  My Minds Eye Sweetest Thing; Other: PanPastels and texture paste.

The background was created using PanPastels inspired by one of the Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes Flea Market).  The colours just worked so well with the photos of Leane and the pony.  When Leane came to visit last weekend she asked me about the photos:

Leane:  Ouma, who is the girl in the photos?
Me:  It is you Leane.
Leane:  No Ouma, I don't have a top like that.
Me:  Leane, it is you with Benji at Lukas' house.
Leane:  Then where is my top like that?
Me:  (speechless)

Here is the Pagemaps sketch we used:

Sketch no.23 due 30 October 2013

Some close ups:
You can see how vibrant the PanPastel colours are.  To create layers you need to spray artists fixative spray between each layer.
A chipboard butterfly with a brad.
I have had this fancy trims in my stash for years...it is good to use it.
Some texture paste bubbles, a crochet doily and a few enamel dots.
I used paper strips and various ribbons and trims underneath my photo.

As always, we have some goodies to give away and winners will be randomly chosen.
1 x stencil, 1 x stamp set, 8 x papers, 3 x blooms

Now look at this pack up for grabs too! It's a fabulous prize,
All the papers from the brand new Bo Bunny Elf Magic collection

We really hope this inspires you to play along!
We look forward to your creativity and you have until Nov 14th to upload your projects to the Scrap Africa blog.


19 comments:

  1. Oh I am a lover of horses too, so these photos make me smile.. what a gorgeous take on the sketch too.. I love the strips of papers... and kids say the funniest things too dont they!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page, Lynette! I like how you have worked with paint-spray! Beautiful photos of your little Princesa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeously designed page and so cheerful.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!! I love love love love the pennants, the colors, the dots, the photos and such a CUTE CONVERSATION!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! How precious with the little pony!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lol - my Kiara would say something like that :)

    LOVELY page!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Lynette! Love the sweet photos! All the texture and fishtail banners look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this page and how you used that Maggie Holmes paper! The photos are so cute and I love the story of Leanne and her top. So funny to think of how these little ones reason things out. Hope she finds her top. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Lynette. I am going to CASE it for the album I am busy with and will post the picture on my blog and let you know when I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty Lynette!! Love how you used all of the different paper strips behind your photos and the bokeh effect you created in the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha @ the top. There you have it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AG ja re the top. So cute. Love the page

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous and sweet LO. Love how you're using the Pan Pastels and that conversation is so very sweet!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page! Love the strips along the back!! Oh yes for the magazine I have to send my articles & layouts in 2 months before the magazine comes out, so everything can be formatted together, then I am only allowed to show the pages on my blog 2 months after, so for stuff to still be "in" then I have to use the very latest techniques, etc, cos really the layout is at least 5 months old by the earliest it is seen publicly...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynette, I love this background. It looks amazing. And I really like the pan pastels. I need to get some!!! The photos are wonderful!! And thanks for sharing your conversation with her. It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable Lynette! I love those bright colors and all the texture you used from the circles to the ribbon and chipboard. Such a sweet page with great pics. Love the conversation, you need to add that to your page. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥