Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Remember When - CSI96 - Mixed media

Hi friends,  I just love the colour combination for the latest CSI (Color, Story, Inspiration) challenge.  I decided to scrap this photo of my youngest sister and I taken while we were supporting my parents shortly after finding out that my father had cancer.  My father passed away less than 6 weeks later. This is my completed page:

Supplies used: Background paper:  Mixed media paper backed onto Bazzill; Patterned papers:  Creative Imaginations IOD (Devotions), Echo park (red dot) 7Gypsies (sheet music); Flowers:   Prima, Branch and Title:  Silhouette Cameo; Rhinostones: Prima; Glass pebble:  Prima; Rub on quote:  Kaisercraft; Other:  Charcoal, Red and Yellow Mister Huey; Texture paste and Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder.

Some close ups:
 I have to admit that after I misted my page with the colour mists and water and dried it again and then applied the texture paste and embossing powder and dried it with a heat gun the page was so wobbly and buckled that I again nearly tore it up. Then I used a lot of glue and pasted the buckled page to some cardstock. I took my brayer and rolled the page until it was whipped into place and to make it stay in place I used my sewing machine and stitched a row of stitching around the edges of the page. Looking at it now, I am happy with the result...in fact I LOVE it.
 The flower and bling cluster.  I cut the branch with the Silhouette.  
 I initially embossed the hexagons onto the page and it turned out such a mess that I cut hexagons from the different papers I used for the strips and pasted it over the embossing.  That saved the page.

Very vibrant and bright...love the end result.

Here is the case file.

Here is the Blue Fern Studio's sketch I used:

This is how I solved this case file:

The Scheme: I used all 5 colors.

Evidence: I used mesh in the layers behind my photo, flowers, sheet music pattern paper, rhinestones, gold metal hearts and paint on the background.

Testimony: My title is Remember when and the journalling on the back of the layout is: Remember when we were inseparable, when we could sit for hours in silence and be comfortable, when we knew each other's hearts without saying a word, when we were a safe place and a listening ear to each other. I miss what we had........ 

xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Another awesome mixed media design which I am sure took you ages, but the end result is worth it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, I know what it's like to lose a beloved father to cancer. Such a cruel disease. Love your beautiful layout and all the texture and warmth in the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colours and the warmth! But most of all, I love that you and your sister had that time together - what a gorgeous pair you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo of two beautiful women

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see how very alike you two are :). Love your layout and that background is awesome.
    I went through a similar time with my mum a few years ago and know how hard it is. Big hug to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, love the photo, you sure are sisters!! touching journalling too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wowwwwww!! This is stunning! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the hexagons, the flowers and loving that beautiful photo of you two!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bit under testimony...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this palette and sketch, and you've totally done it justice! Such a lovely design and sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh another stunning page, Lynette! So beautiful in every way. I especially love this photo of you and your little sister. It must have been a hard time and it is so wonderful that you have each other for support. :)

    ReplyDelete

  11. Amei conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lynette, I'm so sorry, so quickly left your father .... I also lost my father to cancer many years ago.
    The layout was very beautiful with a soul. I really like how you made pasta background texture and paints.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your sister look a lot alike! Your page is beautiful, even if the memory behind it is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's stunning Lynette! The colours are amazing and I love the photo of you and your sis. You should be very proud of such a beautiful end result. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layout is gorgeous Lynette! I love all the texture and beautiful photo of you and your sister. I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very stunning layout.....love all of the texture, colors, & layering!!! The branch, flowers and bling cluster and the beautiful photo of you & your sister! I truly understand the heartache of losing a parent since I have lost both my mother & father several years ago and the pain never goes away. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Lynette! Love the gorgeous colors and mixed media look and such a great photo of you and your sister! Hate to hear the sad story of when it was taken, but happy to see the beautiful layout you created!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a stunning page to showcase this beautiful photo. Love your texture and mixed media!! A lovely tribute to those difficult days. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous ladies on a gorgeous layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful layout! You two are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, beautiful work, Lynnette! I really love the rich vibrant colours you've used and the fabulous textured work on the background...and yit's a lovely photo too - just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful layout! Love the vibrancy & techniques!! Also love that you can see the photographer in the reflection - great photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely! I really like the background and all of your special details, but I especially LOVE that photo, SO MUCH! It is wonderful! And so is your page.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this Lynette! It is absolutely gorgeous. Bright colors, fabulous photo and lovely sentiment. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥