Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Reflections on CSI 99 and life

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post.  Time is just so fleeting.  Today completed the fourth week of the five week LTS (Leadership Training Course).  One more week to go and life will return to normal.  I am loving the course...and what the Lord is showing me in my own life that does not glorify Him.  I need to learn to "respond" and not "react"...and when I respond I need to respond in a non-confrontational way.  He has been speaking to me about my attitude and my motives.  I am really praying that He will change me to have a pure heart and clean hands.

On Thursday afternoon I took some much needed time out and completed my page that is due for the 1 December Scrap Africa reveal.  I also had time to play along with this weeks CSI challenge.  I have been wanting to scrap this photo of K with little Stefan since I took the photo.  When I look at the photo this scripture comes to mind:  Proverbs 27:19 "As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart".   Here is the page I made:


Supplies used:  Cardstock:  American Craft:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Stella and Rose Mabel); Title and seaweed swirl:  Silhouette Cameo;  Sea horse and bubbles:  American Craft Remarks; Flowers: Prima;  Trim:  Stash; Other:  Gesso and Shimmerz Texturez.

I first wanted to do the stenciling with Gesso.  It smudged and I decided to wipe the Gesso across the page and start over.  That is why the colours are muted and the patterned papers looks a wee bit white washed.  Not planned....just a happy accident.

A seaweed swirl was cut with the Silhouette Cameo and the little seahorse is by American Craft.

I ended up with flowers on this "masculine" layout....sorry I just can't help myself.

The journaling is so true of our own lives.

Here is the CSI case file:

...and here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: All 5 colors

Evidence: Floral,stripes, something puffy and the trim looks draped :-P

Testimony: My title is "Reflect" and I used two fonts...one for the title and another for the quote.
The journalling is a quote by Sigmund Freud that says: " One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful."

I am planning to just relax and recharge this weekend....hope you have a good one!

xoxo



17 comments:

  1. So lovely to read that you're enjoying your course and you had some time to yourself.

    Last year when my word was CREATE, that was part of the word - "create in me a clean heart, O God" and I have that on a necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those papers and the little bit of texture just adds a touch of shine without drawing the eye away from the gorgeous photo. I could spend hours staring at the sea, so calming. Hope you have a restful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the photo, the colors, the pennants and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning!! The photo is so cool and so are all the pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh another beautiful page! The photo os stunning! Love the diecuts and the title especially. So much dimension too. Flowers are great on all pages. :) Have a great weekend and glad to hear that your course is going well. It has been long. No wonder you are tired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout and the thoughts behind the photo are beautiful.. love that photo it is a reflective moment that is for sure.. and I believe when we are striving to be what God wants, He will help us be it!! He looks at our hearts.. and doesn't laugh at our feeble attempts... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah......that photo is perfection! Love the beautiful papers, colours and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This photo is charming! and wants to just sit on a boulder and watch the ocean waves .... Dream .... Wonderful page turned, Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo! and the layout brings to life so beautifully.
    You know that your layouts always inspire me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet photo Lynette! Love how you made it the center of your layout and layered your title over the photo! And your use of the colors from the Case File, is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout Lynette! Love the pretty banner and blossoms! Such a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey special lady ... When I opened your post my immediate thought was "Here's a page I'm going to copy!!!!" and as I looked closer I got more excited. I am scrapbooking next weekend (for the WHOLE weekend ... Friday to Monday) and need all the inspiration I can get. Thanks for always sharing your masterpieces and your heart with us!!!! Hope your batteries are fully recharged by tomorrow morning to face the week ahead.

    I am off to get ready for an afternoon and evening get-a-way with my hunny ~ A friend and myself won a picnic and sleep-over at a gorgeous wedding/conference venue, Avianto, and I am so looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning page! Love everything about it! The photo is fabulous and love that quote by Sigmund Freud! Perfectly perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a scrapbooker, but this is a beautiful page, in fact scrolling through your posts, all your pages are amazing!!

    Like you though, I also love photography and how often God speaks to us through the things we see as worthy of capturing... and sometimes even the less than splendid shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous page! You are creating some super stunner knock-outs at the moment my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your happy accident, Lynette....the whitewash effect looks great!
    Loving all your titles & elements from your cameo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥