Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

My journey these past few weeks.

Hi my friends.  I know that I have been very scarce lately...and have just been posting scrapbooking layouts and I know that not all of you follow my blog for that.  We are now three weeks into the LTS (Leadership Training School) at the Mission.  K and I did this same course in 1996 and I am amazed at how much I have forgotten through the years.  Each and every teaching deeply touches, heals and changes me and every other student on the course. 

 A photo of me with my one and only little princess, Leane.

The first week we learnt about the character of God and His love for us.  The second week is all about looking into yourself and your relationship with Him.  It was incredibly emotional as we had to spend a lot of time in couselling with the students on the course.  God is doing a deep work in bringing healing in such brokenness.   Every day I am touched and amazed at how faithful He is.

Little Dewan does not like the camera much ;-)

For the past three weeks we got up as early as 5 o' clock to be on time for the classes and when I got home around 5 in the afternoon I was finished.  Many afternoons I took a quick snooze before starting supper and by 9 we were in bed.  I guess we are getting old.

K with Stefan.  He is Oupa's child.

To add to my workload at this time of the year, our auditors decided that NOW was the time to do the annual audit.  OH. MY. SOUL.  The amount of e-mails that flooded my inbox with queries nearly did my head in.  SERIOUSLY.  So this all led to me making the statement on my sister Herlien's Facebook status that I just wish that this year would be over.

No Ouma, no matter the dress I CAN climb trees.  Leane met her Grade 1 teacher this week. It is the same teacher her daddy had in Grade 3.

On Thursday we watched a teaching by Lee Ezell called the Cinderella Syndrome.  It is that thing in us that makes as believe that we just need to get this crisis out of the way....or as soon as that is done....or when I have enough  money....or when the children are grown....then I will find my happiness.  We put our whole life on hold and go through life in survival mode.  We don't live life to the full.  I felt so convicted because that is what I am doing AGAIN (mind you).  I am not living in the moment and finding the good in the difficult.

I am so blessed to have such beautiful and healthy grandchildren.

I was wishing away days that I will never be able to get back again.  I was challenged to find happiness and contentment regardless of the circumstances.  That will mean the difference between merely surviving and truly living. It is my choice not to place my hope in things that will happen somewhere in the future.  A scripture that really spoke to me was from Proverbs 13:12 "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life."  I want to live God's dream for my life...it is so much better than any dream I could have for myself.

You can see that this little man wants to do everything Oupa does.

Even braai....a real South African boertjie.

Last weekend Lukas also stayed over with us....and this is normally what Lukas and Stefan does.  They always have to be as close to Oupa as possible.  Lukas is playing with my tablet...and yes there were quite a few new games downloaded by the time I got it back ;-)

35 comments:

  1. Amazing photos of your beautiful grandchildren! Love the one of you and Leanne. I enjoyed your thoughts on living in the moment and seeing the good in the difficult. So true that we sometimes wish our days away and don't fully appreciate what we have at that moment. Something I try to remember myself often. The value of appreciating every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. They are my treasure.

      Delete
  2. That is the coolest thing - that Leane and her daddy will have the same teacher!

    I love the kind of grandparents you two are - the grandkids will TREASURE all these memories.

    Now to the real topic - I coach an accountant and she's been PLAGUED with auditors on some of her client accounts so I can only imagine the stress and frustration. On top of your LTS (which while amazing, is always exhausting because you're processing on so many levels)!

    It's true - I've also been wishing the year away. Today even I found myself saying to the babies something about how "soon, I'll be back to my normal self".

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to take a photo of Juffrou Poppie with Kobus Jr and Leane as soon as the new school year starts. Don't wish your days away my friend.

      Delete
  3. Loving that they had the same teacher! LOVING the photos and good luck with the audit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post with your cuties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy every post you put up ... no matter what the subject. LOVE the photos.

    Thanks for sharing your highs and lows with us ~ it is what makes your posts so special.

    Good luck with the rest of the course and also the audit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share so much easier on this here blog than I do in real life...I wonder why?

      Delete
  6. Lynette I enjoy your personal posts as much as your scrapping projects - and I must say you scraped up a storm lately!
    love your family photos! ♥
    just to give you some extra encouragement on living here and now this song - I love this band!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQpyJFm_Rh4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sveta...and thank you for the song.

      Delete
  7. I only wish my phone would allow me to reply to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the last comment. I have been trying to reply using google acct and could not so I tried another way and could. Your posts touch my heart. Thanks for sharing.

    Your growth in the world of scrapbooking has been amazing. They are beautiful and over the top!

    Linda A from Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's clear that you have a very special relationship with your grandbabies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I would give it up for anything....so very precious.

      Delete
  10. Hi there, I clicked through to your blog from Jennifer's, and was blessed to read your comments on my lazy Sunday afternoon. It is easy to get sidetracked in the moment, and your advice is most welcome at this particular time for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting Susanna. I am glad you got sidetracked to visit.

      Delete
  11. Such beautiful pictures!!! Thank God for of your grandchildren! for their love of Upa and Ouma! I wish you success in the courses and the strength to carry your mission!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images with this post. And yes, intentional living / living in a perpetual state of gratitude is aspirational - we all fall short but that is okay because then we REMEMBER and its all good again. Strongs to you in this hectic time. Deep breaths. And a thankful heart ne? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi.Thank you for this post, I come by here for your scrapbooking as well as the inspiration with your walk with God.. I needed to hear these words today.. I feel in such a rut of late, I keep saying.. when this stage is over, when I can do this or that.. but now is all I have and I really do need to get in touch with this moment and what God is saying to me NOW>> TODAY and this post was it.. thank you.. your photos of your grand blessings always bring a smile to my face..you have such beautiful GC and I do pray they will continue on your Christian heritage and know Jesus in a personal relationship each day too.. with love.. lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I have a feeling that we are spiritual sisters ♥

      Delete
  14. Such gorgeous photographs!!! Love your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So Lynette, vandag het jy direk met my gepraat - survival mode - jip, ons is gereeld daar en ja, tyd om elke dag te geniet vir wat dit bring.

    Lovely pics, and great message

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photo's Lynette...and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! In this moment of reading your post, I came to my one little word for 2014. I will share it with you a little while....I just want to mull it over a bit....but thanks so much for the inspiration! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what your word for 2014 is going to be Denise.

      Delete
  17. Lovely post...I's is almost always exhausting dealing with emotional issues when counselling, so put it down to that rather than age! Strength for the audit - I bet you can't wait for that moment to be over! ;-) NOT the kind of moment to embrace!

    Love your photo's - you have gorgeous grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks of the course down and another week to go. What an amazing journey we have had. Digging deep when God touches the things He wants to bring to the light...and just following in obedience. Audit not over yet :(

      Delete
  18. Beautiful photos Lynette! Happy to hear all is well :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just what I needed to read today as I am rushing ahead to the weekend already and really need to stop and enjoy today and see what God has planned for me in the now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi...I think the hardest is to still live in the moment when the trials and hardship comes. To still see God then and still praise Him for who He is even in those circumstances. I guess I often wonder when I will be so STRONG in Him that I can just say "Bring it on". ;-)

      Delete
  20. Thanks for the sweet reminder to live each day to the fullest for our Lord and with contentment!! Love your sweet family photos! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful photos and lovely post! Yes sometimes it is very easy to forget to truly live, as each day has it's own trials...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful to read about your fulfilling life again. The pics of the family is depicting a very loving family indeed.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved reading your post my friend!! A lot of food for thought there. Loved your photos of your sweet family too.
    I do not live in the moment either, it's soo hard!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥