Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Dream - My Minds Eye Sweetest Thing

Hi friends.  I have had no time to do any regular blogging these past while.  So bear with me as I share another layout with you.  I have really exceeded my "record" with this page as I have entered it for no less than three challenges.  I used one of the photos I took of Leane rolling down a sand dune.

Here is my page:
Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill and Multi Media paper;  Patterned papers: My Minds Eye (Sweetest Thing Lavender);  Sticker:  My Minds Eye (Sweetest Thing Lavender). Title:  Cut with Silhouette;  Template for feathery leaves:  Silhouette; Flowers:  Prima; Wooden Clock:  Prima;  Other:  Mixture of Neocolor II soluble crayons and Gelatos, DMC Cotton to stitch the stems.

Some close ups and details of my process:
I love the colours that I used for this layout.  I cut my title in two colours and stacked the title.

I made a little cluster with Prima blooms and a Prima wooden clock together with the My Minds Eye Rosette.
I first cut a template with my Silhouette Cameo and then stenciled the leaves on the bottom part of the background.  I pierced holes for the handstitched stems.  I used some Multi Media paper as it takes wet mediums better than normal cardstock.

I first coloured my leaves with Neocolor II water soluble crayons.  I then sprayed water liberally.  I didn't get the desired runny effect and then coloured the leaves again with Gelatos.  When I sprayed it with water the effect was what I was wanting.

 I want to share which challenges they were based on.  Firstly I used this CSI (Color, Story, Inspiration) # 98 case file:
This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: All 5 colors are there.

Evidence: Polka dots, stripes,clock, ribbon, the clock is wooden.

Testimony: The title is Dream and the journalling is as follows: Leane, my dream for you is that you will always be as carefree as you are now. That nothing in life will ever change you. My dream is that you will learn God's dream for you from an early age and that you will walk in the destiny and purpose He has for you.

I used this sketch of Scrap Friends:

I am also entering the page for the Scrap Around the World challenge.  We are free to interpret the mood board in any way , using one image or several and using ANY COLOURS.

Please visit the relevant blogs.  I assure you that you will be inspired by the gorgeous pages made by the various design teams.

xoxo

30 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors, the photo and those leaves!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and vibrant Lynette! Love the leaves and colouring and your super photo! Fun, happy and fresh! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally stunning Lynette! Love the colours running down the page (still haven't got some of these Gelatos). xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous and I loved the one on the previous post too. LOVE those dune pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lynette! Love the running of the gelatos. Great effect!! Thanks for playing at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lynette I love this page. The stencilled effect is amazing! I love how you used that sketch. I saw it and couldn't get past the feathers. Love how you saw it! Beautiful colour palette and one of my fave photos of your little Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your very pretty page, especially that gorgeous effect you achieved with the coloured Gelatos and water....it looks amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful layout Lynette! Love the sweet photo and the pretty colorful foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Lynette! Do your grandkids like the music of the Wiggles? When I saw this page, I immediately thought of the Wiggles song "Rolling Down the Sand Hills!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful.. the feeling of happiness in the photo is contagious! love the colors and great take on the sketch too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Lynnette!! I just love this layout!! the leaves hanging from the top look amazing and love how the paint runs and blends in the background!! truly fantastic! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's just awesome and i love all the color and your leaves on this sketch too. thanks for playing and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This rocks!!! I love love what you have done here with the leaves and colour! Awesome photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a beautiful layout, Lynette. I just love that joyful photo so much. I really like how you used the sketch, too. The leaves look amazing! Your entire page is so creative and absolutely gorgeous. thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that's pretty - love the paint effect

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you layout Lynette! The colours are beautiful and what a fun photo! I'm sorry I haven't been around a lot lately. Life has been really hectic. Hope you are well. Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great layout of fun little details to make it special!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That picture Leane should be blown up. Pure joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful take on the SATW challenge!!
    Love how the colour looks as if it's melting out of your leaves.....fantastic photo :))
    Thanks for sharing with us at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing Lynette!! You did an awesome job with this sketch and I love that great action photo! The colors from the CSI scheme came together beautifully on your page and the cluster at the corner of your photo is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is such an amazing LO, Lynette!! Love this template for your leaves and how the color flows over onto the page background!! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  22. FABULOUS photo & even more fabulous-er scrapped!!! Thanks for putting this one in for Scrap Friends....love how you've changed the feathers to the leaves & GELATOS just sooooo rock!!! They are so light & vibrant - glad they gave you your desired effect:):) Lovely to look at!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant backing for a gorgeous photo ... Thanks for sharing your creation with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving your background work, Lynette...gorgeous layout & photo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful page, Lynette! I like how you did the leaves of the layout, it's much better feathers! Lin lovely girl - marvelous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! Love all of the colors & neat texture, wow! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a fantastic page! I wanted to do that CSI but have not yet had the time. What amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing your page with us at SATW. Love the effect you've achieved with the leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. A stunning design Lynette. I so love the direction your creativity is going at the moment.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful love it
    Thanks so much for playing at challenge at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥