Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Leane's Grade R graduation and CSI94

Hi friends, I hope you are doing well.  I have created a layout for the latest CSI challenge.  I am also entering this layout for the Scrap Friends sketch challenge. This time I must admit that my first attempt with this challenge was an absolute flop.  My background was too busy and in the end I just tore it up and started over.The photos of Juan was taken when he was six months old.  Here is what my second attempt looks like:

Supplies used: Background:  Canson backed on black cardstock; Patterned papers: Dream Street; Title and circle diecut below photos:  Silhouette Cameo; Tags: 7Gypsies; Flowers: Prima;  Stencil: Prima;  Tidy Widy Texturez by Shimmerz;  Charms:  Stash;  Background created with PanPastels.

Here is the case file:


Some close ups:
Here you can see how vibrant the colours of the PanPastels are.  I love working with this medium.  I cut my title from two different coloured cardstock and stacked it. 

I used a Prima stencil and Tidy Widy Texturez by Shimmerz to create the white circles.  You can also see all the layering in this photo.

I added two silver charms and you can see some microbeads peeking out from underneath the flowers.

Some more yummy texture.

This is the Scrap Friends sketch that I used:
  
This is how I solved this case file:  

The Scheme: All the colors were used. The background was used by applying PanPastels and blending it.

Evidence used: the photos are stacked, The page was backed onto a black background, I used the little silver teddy bear and the ABC charm for the silver metal accent.

The Testimony: I used a typewriter font for my journalling, I used the word giggle (close enough to laugh) in my title and I journalled a poem...and this is what it says:
A baby boy was created

by the hand of God above

to give the world the sweetest touch
of tenderness and love.
With the softness of a whisper
God made a baby's skin
and then designed two trusting eyes
to put the starlight in.
With giggles from a waterfall
and breezes passing by
God made a baby's laughter
and a tiny, sleepy sigh.
God made the world a precious gift
more dear and pure than gold
with little toes to play with
and tiny hands to hold
then brought into the sunshine
a precious baby boy
All wrapped up in a rainbow
of wonder, hope, and joy.


This morning we went to attend my granddaughter, Leane's graduation and end of year concert.  You all know just how bad lighting is in school halls.  On top of that we were sitting more than 10 rows from the front...so capturing images was quite a challenge.

I missed the photo of her using the certificate as a telescope.

....but I got her while she used it as a loud hailer.  She never disappoints.

It is uncanny how she keeps her eyes on her parents and grandparents. all. the. time....the royal wave.

I love my little princess ♥♥

Thank you for visiting.
xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Lovely page, Lynette! I like the background of bubbles.
    Your princess smart and beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your grand bambino's graduation. Your page is stunning!
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos of the graduation ... Congrats!!!

    Your page is absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwww those graduation photos are so sweet! I love love love love your lo! LOVING the colors, the photos and those circles!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you got some photos of her at her graduation. She is very cute!
    Love that scrap, and the poem is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the cutest princess there, and the sweetest baby, oh boy, and a fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at the photos, gota love school functions.. and your layout is sooo adorable.. love the photos and your poem is soo sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS...totally gorgeous...sooo glad you joined us at Scrap Friends....that bg work....yummy:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, it actually looks like she's going to chew it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're love for your grandchildren shines in this gorgeous layout and photos!! Love how you created the background with the Pan Pastels and the texture with your stencils/molding paste!! Such sweet baby photos and love your journaling!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute....love the colors, layering, and your awesome texture! Going to have to try the molding paste one of these days! Thanks for sharing the sweet graduation photos! As always, wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on her Gr R graduation and I love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful page! Your background is beautiful!! Love the ombre effect & your tumbling dots. That is a tricky stencil. I have it & hate for the circles to be half filled but as they are quite close together it's not easy & you have to be careful - which you have been! The sweetest photos & journaling too & love your stacked title!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout and such sweet photos Lynette! Love all the texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh cute - congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful page! Loving the background with the warm colors and those white dots! Congrats to your granddaughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous page and love that sweet photo! The graduation photo's are awesome too...such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing layout. So much depth, layering and texture! Love, love, love that poem. So sweet and those photos are just adorable. Fabulous work as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥