Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Just close your eyes - Sketch Week - 7Dots (Messy Head)

It's Sketch Week again over on Allison Davis' blog and I am here with my take on the sketch this month.  It's a FREE sketch download that you can download over at Scrapbook Generations website.  The sketch will be available on Tuesday and will include all measurements of papers, etc.

Here is my layout.  I made a mixed media background and I used a photo of Wynand and Nadia that was taken in Cape Town in July.

Supplies used:  Cardstock for matting:  Bazzill;  Pattern Papers:  7Dots (Messy Head); leaves and flourishes:  Silhouette Cameo; Flowers: Border rubon below photo:  Hambly Screen Print;  Prima:  Chipboard hearts:  Maya Road;  Other:  Texture paste, Builders tape; acrylic paint, Crafters Workshop stencil, Gelatos.

Variation #1:  I used one 5x7 photo instead of three small ones and the journal block.

Variation #2:  I added mesh behind the large block and used lace trim instead of the vertical strip.

Variation #3:  I swopped the stars for hearts.  I used the star burst Crafters Workshop template and mixed texture paste with acrylic paints and applied it through the stencil.

Variation #4:  I added a rub on border below the photo and then layered some leaves and branches before finishing it off with a few blooms that was liberally coated in gesso.

Here is the sketch:

Thank you for visiting my blog...I hope that you were inspired.
xoxo

25 comments:

  1. A charming photo!!! and the page, filled with the light of love!!! Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning design and its clear that you are enjoying the mixed media avenue.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours on your page and I love the flower/foliage cluster in the middle. Amazing photo as always!!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that photo and the hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is gorgeous Lynette!! Love that awesome burst effect, and such an amazing photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout Lynette! Love your mix of patterned papers and fancy blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is stunning, love the photo and your layout looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this photo and the way you've scrapped it Lynette! That TCW template was just perfect for it and the colours you've used is so striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how everything flows and is balanced! You always manage to pull that off wonderfully!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photo and brilliantly scrapped!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a beautiful photo! magic...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, stunning, stunning layout Lynette!!! I love all your variations!

    The photo is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely and romantic page. That photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This page is amazing. I love the combination of colors and textures and applications. So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! And what a gorgeous photo! So glad to have been re-introduces to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS! love the photo and all the details. awesome layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do such a good job of combining clean style with mixed media. You're my hero on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super background Lynette and what an amazing photo! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty!! And what a beautiful photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥