Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Come fly with me - CSI - Fancy Pants (Be You)

I am playing along with the CSI (Color, Story, Inspiration)  I find the challenges they post inspiring and totally addictive.  In the process I get to use up some old stash so it is a win-win situation.  For this challenge I used a photo that was taken when we went on the Ziplines at Tsitsikamma Falls.

 Supplies used:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: Fancy Pants (Be You);  Clouds, hotair balloon and title: Silhouette Cameo; Border punch:  Martha Stewart; Rubon:  Kaisercraft/Fancy Pants; Flowers: Prima; Dangle:  Tim Holtz;  Other:  PanPastels, Shimmerz Tidy Widy Texturez; Gelatos.

Here is the CSI case file: 

Some close ups:
I shaded a white cardstock with blue and yellow PanPastels and then sprayed artist fixative over it.  When it was dry I added some Shimmerz Tidy Widy Texturez through the Crafters Workshop "Tiles" stencil.  I cut the hot air balloon,title and clouds with the Silhouette Cameo.

I cut the triangles into the background piece and backed it with the 5 different colours of the challenge.

I used the little airplane clip that I received as a gift from my friend Cat

I used a Kaisercraft quote rub on for my journalling. The little Birdie rub on is by Fancy Pants (Be You)

So this is how I solved this case.  I used all 5 colors. Evidence: Airplane clip, dangle, mixed media background (white cardstock shaded with PanPastels and then used Texture Paste on the edges),triangles. Testiminoy: I used the Come fly with me title, and the "daring" quote.

Thank you for visiting my blog.

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. How fun! Love the design and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. So cut that you used the clip cat gave you - i used my in PL some time ago xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. I love the clip and love the cut out triangles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynette, loving the pastel/black colour combo. The triangles look fab too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the triangles and that balloon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this page is stunning in every way! So happy to see you enjoying CSI. It truly is an amazing way to fall in love with your stash all over again. You are doing so well at using it up. Must feel great. You are a brave one! Looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic layout Lynette! That title is perfect for the awesome photo! Love the texture and mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is a winner for sure my friend! Awesome in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Lynette! Perfect take on the color scheme, and I love the negative Triangles and the touches of Black on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynette, this is such a gorgeous page. Love your die cuts, misting, molding past, and all your amazing details!! Fabulous photo - looks like so much fun!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynette - this is stunning and I'm going to add it to my file. My children and I did a Canopy Tour when Taryn was home and I need to do layouts for us.
    This has inspired me ... dankie :-)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really a great page Lynette! The colours and the styling are just fabulous! Loooove the sentiment too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥