Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Childhood Memories - CSI #95

Another week and another CSI (Color, Story Inspiration) challenge.  This one has the most beautiful colour combo and we need to document an old memory.  I have very few photos of my childhood and when I went through them I found a photo of me at approximately 13 years with my 4 sisters and 3 of my cousins.  On the photo from the right:  My sister Elsa with cousin Alitsa in front of her, then my sister Anita with sister Ansie in front of her, then cousin Elizabeth, me hiding behind sister Herlien and cousin Linda to my left.  This is the layout I made:

Supplies used:  Cardstock:  Bazzill; Patterned papers: Fancy Pants, Prima; Flowers: Petaloo; Page pebbles: Making Memories: Journal card: Melissa Francis; Metal clock and metal butterfly: stash; Title and leaves: Silhouette Cameo; Other:  Texture paste, grey acrylic paint and PanPastels.

Here is the Case File:
 Here is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  I used grey paint mixed with texture paste, flowers,metal clock and butterfly, book pages and I tied the metal butterfly to my tag with twine.

Testimony:   I used the title Childhood Memories and documented this story:

If I think of my childhood years our summer holidays always stands out for me.  Those were holidays spent with Uncle Danie and Aunty Doreen and the cousins in Jeffreysbay.  There home was right on the main beach.  I am reminded of our freedom to roam the town and the beach in total safety.  I am reminded of late afternoons and rushing down to the beach when Uncle Danie's fishing boats, the Geelbek and the Geelstert came in with the catch of the day.  Those are fond memories.

Some close up details
I cut a template of three different size hexagons with my Cameo.  I then stenciled the outlines of the hexagons onto my background on two opposite corners.  I coloured the blocks with PanPastel in the following colours:  Turquoise Shade, Ultramarine Blue Tint and Neutral Grey.  I then sprayed some artists fixative over the PanPastel to set it.

When the Pastels were dry I mixed some grey paint into texture paste and stenciled hexagons randomly over my page.
A little flower cluster with the metal clock and a page pebble.

I cut the butterflies from a sheet of Prima (Reflections) and the journal tag fits snugly behind the photo.
Thank you for leaving love.

xoxo

26 comments:

  1. Great take on the CSI challenge, Lynette!! I love all the hexagons and butterflies!! Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog and work! It means the world to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a great way to make the memories alive again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the hexagons and those butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful bladsy! love the use of original photos!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lynette this is beautiful! Love how you used the hexagons! Such a great colour palette for this challenge. Love that old photo and your journaling is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Cool!!! That's fine - you have a large family Lynette! Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful page! I love the variety of hexagons and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very pretty! Love the colors, hexagons, butterflies & lovely flowers! A beautiful way to scrap a childhood photo and memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout Lynette!!! Love the hexagons. What a great way to showcase a childhood photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout for this photo, Lynette! Love the mix of butterflies with the hexagon shapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful.. I love the mix of hexagons and great colors too.. what a precious photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice is this. happy memories saved appropriately

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout - love all the hexagons and colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowee this is sensational! Perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome page Lynette! Loving the colors, the hexagons but above all that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely LOVE this & spotted all the Prima bits immediately. Beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice that you have a picture of all of you from your childhood to keep those memories alive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your page, maybe I have to scrap some of my childhood photos! I love how you use your pan pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What an amazing and creative page, Lynette! I love the photo so much! You scrapped it beautifully and your take on the challenge is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful use of the color palette! Adore all the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a Gorgeous scrap book page for a special memory keepsake x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Lynette! Gorgeous layout! Love all the hexagons and beautiful butterflies fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning page Lynette....so love the little details and stencilling....you did a great job! Love that photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous page Lynette! I love how you mixed hexagons with the large banners. I have a hex punch that I've been trying to use, you have inspired me. I love the paste addition and the butterflies - you hand cut them? Wow, you have way more patience then I do. I turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥