Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Adore - Scrap Africa - Basic Grey

I cannot believe that it is the beginning of October.  Where has time gone?  It is also time for the reofal the new sketch challenge on Scrap Africa.  This month we are using a PageMap and this is how my layout turned out.  I used a photo of Lukas and K taken in the Addo Elephant park and this layout celebrates the great love between the two of them.

Supply list:    Cardstock:  American Craft:  Patterned papers:  Basic Grey (Life of the party); Die cut and flowers:  Basic Grey(life of the party);  Other:  Texture paste, Prima stencil, various trims and a Rollagraph stamp with blue ink.

 I first took my patterned paper that has a slight wood image and applied  Stormy Sky distress ink to the Rollergraph stamp and rolled it over my patterned paper.  I then pasted it down on my bazzill and applied the texture paste through the Prima Stencil.

 I stitched down the "Adore" and you can see that my sewing machine is hopping, skipping and jumping.  I also stitched around the edges of the patterned paper.  

 I love this quote and it is very, very true.  Our 6 grandchildren have us wrapped around their fingers.

This is the Pagemap we used.  It would be wonderful if you played along with us this month.
Visit the Scrap Africa blog to see the wonderful prizes that is up for grabs.  You have until the 15th of October to upload your layout.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Lynette! I love all the elements and the sewing, even though you say your sewing machine is hopping and skipping, looks great.

    The love that you and K have for your grandchildren is very evident in every photo you scrapbook ~ They sure are lucky little people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elements on your page Lynette especially your texture work (nice stencil!). I had never heard that quote before but have made a note of it for my mum to use in her scrapbooking! And of course fab photo as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, you did such a geat job with the sketch. I am no expert in the sewing department but i love when the sewing machne does weird things it adds such character to a page. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a lovely layout, filled with love, a wonderful take on the sketch, and I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing page with so much texture. Love your take on this sketch. I already had it bookmarked. ;) I love that photo. You can just see the joy and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the Sketch, Lynette!! Love the modeling paste in the background, those cute flowers, and the pretty scallops you did along the side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the punches, the flowers and that adorable photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet layout this is Lynette. That photo is so lovely and really show their love for eachother!
    Love your masking here. At first sight it looked almost like vellum on top. I love the sketch too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynette ... awwww gorgeous layout, love the interaction between K and Lukas in the photograph.
    Baie baie baie mooi dame.
    Hope you're having a wonderful day and that your weekend is simply amazing.
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I love what you wrote on your layout about grandparents being the best "toy." That is so true!!!

    Thanks for the heads-up about my SATW prize. I had not seen that yet, so thank you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh..... beautiful.... simply beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! I love those flowers and the colours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful LO for this amazing photo so filled with love!! So much gorgeous texture!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful photo Lynette! LOVE every bit of your layout! The stitching just looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning photo and stunning scrap! You captured the moment beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome layout! I just love that photo! and those flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous page Lynette and loving those felt flowers! Super photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layout.....going to have to start using modeling paste, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Such a happy and cheerful layout! Love the beautiful textured background and fabulous flowers! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥