Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A post from my "happy" place.

Hi my dear friends.   I am greeting you from the beautiful scenic Plettenberg Bay.  I am afraid this will be an unusual post for me.  Blogger isn't allowing me to upload any photos so I will have to wait until we get home before I can share my photos with you.

This is our second week of our two week vacation.  On the day before we left my little seven year old nephew was brutally attacked by a pit bull terrier and his little face badly mangled. His little nose was nearly ripped off his face and the dog bit into his gums and he lost a tooth.  Today, 10 days after the attack, I am happy to let you know that he is healing well.  Thank you to each and every one who prayed with us that the Lord will heal him physically and emotionally.

Our break at the beach have been amazing.  Every morning we go for long walks along the beach between the Beacon Island hotel and Robberg or from the hotel to the Look Out beach.  Ever since our first vacation here in 2006 my big dream have been to find my own pansy shell on the beach.  I feel blessed that when we walked along Look Out beach last week, I found my little pansy shell ;-)  My lily white body has slowly gotten a healthy glow from the sun.  I am not one that usually find it easy to sleep during the day, but somehow I just  can't help myself and in the afternoons I struggle to keep my eyes open...and then I just give in to a glorious afternoon snooze.   I love it that this is the one place where I can just switch off and I become so relaxed.  It is unbelievable that when we get here it is like somebody just flipped a switch and I am "OFF".  I haven't even read as much as I normally do.  I finished the latest Khaled Hosseini book "And the Mountains Echoed" and I am still reading the third book in the Langani Trilogy by the Keating sisters.

We have three more days here and will be returning a day early.  The Boardwalk in PE is having it's annual benefit golf day on Friday and the Mission has been selected to be the beneficiary this year.  So on Friday night we will be rubbing shoulders with amongst others, the rugby legend, Naas Botha, at the prize giving and handover of the funds.

I will be back towards this weekend with photos of our time away.

xoxo

25 comments:

  1. Ah, I can hear j ust how relaxed you are. Yay!

    Also very relieved to hear that William is doing well. SUCH good news.

    Looking forward to seeing your pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect! Enjoy the last few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hearing now about the attack on your nephew ... how terrible! What a enormous shock that must have been. Can't imagine how terrified that little boy must have been! I'm happy to read he's healing well.
    Great you're having such a good time! Have fun for the last few days my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear that your nephew is healing so well. I continue to pray for a complete recovery. You deserve the rest my friend and isn't it lovely that you have this gorgeous peaceful place where you can switch off. Enjoy you last few days in the sun and say 'hi' to Naas when you see him. Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marelize, I was pleasantly surprised to meet Naas in real life. What a lovely, humble man..I would never have imagined.

      Delete
  5. Awful case with your nephew .... I rejoice that his wounds heal, and body and soul! I wish to return home well rested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the rest of your break xxx
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew, but I'm glad that he's healing. Pit bulls can be scary.

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delighted to hear that your nephew is doing well.

    Enjoy the rest of your stay and those afternoon naps. Can't wait to see all your wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear your nephew is healing Lynette, and I can't wait to see some beautiful photos from your vacation! Enjoy the rest of those days!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your FB updates on your nephew ... I am so sorry that happened to him ... but I am glad that he is healing well!! I have been praying for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear I am so shocked to hear of the dog attack, I pray he will know total healing of his face and his heart... and enjoy your holiday.. we were blessed to get a few days away last week and it was lovely.. we go for long walks along the beach line too and just breathe in the fresh sea air..

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thankful your nephew is healing so well. Enjoy the rest of your stay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew.... glad to know that the little nephew is on the mend, pit bull seems like a dangerous dog to me, I've heard so many accidents caused by this breed.
    Enjoy the rest of your vacation and bring home lots of photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound so relaxed :) Geniet die vankansie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Shayne, you can hear how relaxed you are.

    I am so glad that he is doing well...I will continue to pray for him.

    Enjoy each and every last minute...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah my friend. You and I have EXACTLY the same idea of what holidays should be. Enjoy the last stretch and come back rejuvenated and refreshed.
    xx

    ps...can't wait to see beach pics. You take the BEST beach pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you are relaxing! Enjoy!
    Sorry to hear about your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very jealous of your afternoon naps - enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sjoe...glad to hear your nephew is doing okay....blessings and health sent his way!
    Glad also to hear that you are having a nice and restful time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to hear that you are enjoying your holiday. Good to know that your nephew's wounds are healing....praying that he heals emotionally as well. God Speed

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you've had the perfect vacation! Enjoy your trip back and the benefit. Such awesome news on your nephew! God is great and God is good.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so happy your sisters son is healing well and hopefully in time his psychological scars will heal as well.
    What a terrible ordeal for a little boy to have to go through. Thankfully ha has a loving family to take care of him.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥