Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Vacation time....woohoo!!!!

The time has come!  
Tomorrow morning we leave for two weeks in Plettenberg Bay.  
To say that I need this break would be a serious understatement.
I cannot describe to you just how absolutely weary and bone tired I have become.  I feel so OLD!
One doesn't realise just how much you give of yourself when you work with broken people on a daily basis and how emotionally draining it can be.  Please don't think for a moment I would give it up for ANYTHING.  Nothing, no money or material thing in the world, can beat the feeling of seeing a person become free of addiction and become emotionally and spiritually whole.
With this comes the realization that we need to take a two week break every six months.  If we don't we will end up burning out and be of no use to anybody.
We need a time of refreshing and resting in the Lord, He is the filler of these empty wells.

Today I would like to share with you the latest  CSI  (Color, Story, Inspiration) case file.  The colour combination is so summery and makes me feel happy.  



I chose photos of Stefan taken when he experienced a walk on the beach for the first time.  Here is my layout.
 Supply list:  Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned papers:  various Fancy Pants lines; Title and black seaweed:  Silhouette Cameo; starfish, green seaweed and crab: American Crafts Remarks; Hearts:  Pink Paislee; bling:  Kaisercraft; Other: coarse sandy texture paste.

 It is always my personal challenge to use the Silhouette Cameo for each and every layout I make.  I like my patterned papers to stand out and have matted it on the black cardstock.

 Triangles were one of the evidence and I applied coarse sandy texture paste through a  Crafters Workshop stencil.

Further evidence...items no longer considered trendy....the little clips at the top of the photo.  Hearts coloured according to the colour combination required.

I love the little crab and it was the perfect touch to go with the seaweed.  I journaled Stefan's first visit to the beach.  I still believed there was "something" missing and was happy once I added the rhinestones to the cut out Quatrefoil.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving some love.

xoxo

21 comments:

  1. Your layout made me smile with it's beautiful photo's and the cutest crab embellishment! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and come back topped up with energy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on the inspiration. Love the fresh colours. You must enjoy your time away and super charge those batteries.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Those photos are PRECIOUS and I love love love love the colors and the triangles!!! Have a wonderful vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, have a lovely lovely lovely time away. I could not think if anything more restful than a week in Plett!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of something more restful...TWO weeks in Plett :-P

      Delete
  5. oh man, those little baby toes!

    There's nothing better than sandy beach feet.

    Take some beautiful pictures of the sunsets for me :) :) so I can live vicariously through you. You are on Instagram, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take many photos...I am on instagram...but haven't posted a single photo to date.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous layout, love the photo of the little feet on the sand, and have a wonderful refreshing holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cute photos Lynette, and the Cameo background looks great against the White cardstock! I hope you have a great vacation and catch up on some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous layout! Enjoy your time in Plett ... hope the weather is great ... we have VERY grey and wet weather in Durban today but enjoying the down time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the break and I can't wait to see the photos when you're back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scrap page is lovely. I do love the way you have zoomed in on his feet.
    Enjoy your two week hol x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is way too cute!!! I simply adore the photos - such a precious moment :) :) Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geniet die kort vakansietjie! Die LO is absoluut pragtig, maar dit is gewoonlik wanneer jy scrap. Die kleinman word darem nou heeltemaal te vining groot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh how cool is that texture paste it looks just like sand so perfect. This layout is so fabulous and I love how much you have used your silhouette i really need to use mine more often. Have a fabulous time away you obviously have a very special heart for giving and time away to seek God's face is always good to reflect and not burn out. Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet page Lynette! Love the various textures and details! Such sweet little photo's too! Just too precious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute!
    Enjoy your holiday, you certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynette! I adore this wonderful and cute page. Your use of your Silhouette is really awesome. (I have a Cricut that I need to dust off and use more often!) I love the photos and how you scrapped them using the CSI recipe! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynette! I adore this wonderful and cute page. Your use of your Silhouette is really awesome. (I have a Cricut that I need to dust off and use more often!) I love the photos and how you scrapped them using the CSI recipe! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynette! As always I admire your work and missed viewing it on a regular basis while I was pre-occupied with summer/kids. This piece is no exception! Your attention to detail is incredible. I hope your vacation was everything you hoped it to be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥